hey guys
a few months back i invested in a prs custom 24, which i love to death. the problem is, i always played a les paul style guitar, and the 5 way is driving me nuts live. i tried to get used to it, but i cant because i usually go from the treble pickup on humbucker mode to the bass pickup on humbucker mode, which you may already know, is position 1 to position 5, the farthest they can be apart. i dont want to replace it with a toggle, because i love the coil tapped sounds of the other positions. is it possible for me to rewire the 5 way so that position 1 and 5 were next to eachother, like switch position 2 and 5 on the switch? has anyone found any other ways to deal with this issue?

thanks so much
Gear:
My Voice
PRS Tremonti II
PRS Hollowbody II w/ Piezo Blue Matteo
PRS 513 25th anniversary
PRS Tremonti SE
Fender John Mayer Relic strat "the black one"

did i mention i like PRS?

20th Anniversary Bogner Shiva
I think it depends on the year of the guitar. At some point PRS stopped using the wafer style 5-way rotary switch in exchange for a PCB-based 5-way rotary switch. I think I read that the PCB switch is made specifically to give you the modern switching options.

If it's the wafer switch, I know for a fact that one can be rewired.
Last edited by Seref at Sep 7, 2010,
its a 2010 model. and i was told using the push pull wouldnt provide as good of a tone
Gear:
My Voice
PRS Tremonti II
PRS 513 25th anniversary
PRS Tremonti SE

Quote by AE25RR
its a 2010 model. and i was told using the push pull wouldnt provide as good of a tone

Whoever told you that was a liar. There's like no difference.

Besides, 3-way + push-pull is how the PRS McCarty does it. And the McCarty hardly has bad tone.
could someone tell me how to do this? or should i bring it to guitar center and have them do it?
Gear:
My Voice
PRS Tremonti II
PRS 513 25th anniversary
PRS Tremonti SE

The Ultimate Wiring Thread can take care of you. It's somewhere around here.