Hi all,

I'm looking for a nice beginner accoustic guitar. Price range $200-$600. I was thinking about getting a seagull or a low end Taylor. What brands do you recomend as a nice beginner gutar in my price range? I know it's really up to me to decide but I still want to know what you guys think.

Thanks

Rachel
seagull, yamaha, blueridge all have guitars that are very good in that price range. and at the top of that range are also the all solid guild GAD-25 and GAD-M20.
I'm a beginner at about six months experience, I use, and would highly recommend so far, the Yamaha FG700S. Got a good sale price on it too ~155 out the door.
you can get some really nice takamines for $500-600 probably i reccomend them alot
Guitars
Gibson Explorer
Takemine EG523SC
Epiphone Slash Signature Les Paul
BC Rich Mockingbird ST

Amp
Vox Valvetronix 100watt

Pedals
TC Electronics Ditto Looper
Dunlop Original Cry Baby
Electro-Harmonix Freeze Sound Retainer
Seagull. I was in the same position as you a little while ago, after playing electric for three years but never playing an acoustic. Bought a Seagull S6 Original on Thursday. Not the best acoustic, but definitely a great guitar for the money, especially for a beginner.

Also made in Canada. Woot.
i think you're selling the s6 short by saying "Not the best acoustic". i own and have played some very nice all solid guitars, but with the right strings, the original s6 stands up to them pretty well. perhaps you should check the humidity where you are, since too much humidity can muffle a guitar's sound (and too little can make it crack). and get some good strings - try a few brands over time till you find the perfect ones that make your s6 sound the best to your ears.

and enjoy it

Quote by Pat_s1t
Seagull. I was in the same position as you a little while ago, after playing electric for three years but never playing an acoustic. Bought a Seagull S6 Original on Thursday. Not the best acoustic, but definitely a great guitar for the money, especially for a beginner.

Also made in Canada. Woot.
at the higher end of that range possibly tanglewood. at the lower end, theyre all pretty similar but yamaha is always good to the beginner.

also, welcome to playing acoustic guitar!
and, as you noted (but i feel i must point it out again) its always your choice, and the guitars that we like you might hate, so just go to a guitar store, try out a bunch, pick maybe 2 or 3 that you like, and then come back and ask us what we think of each one?
Quote by patticake
i think you're selling the s6 short by saying "Not the best acoustic". i own and have played some very nice all solid guitars, but with the right strings, the original s6 stands up to them pretty well. perhaps you should check the humidity where you are, since too much humidity can muffle a guitar's sound (and too little can make it crack). and get some good strings - try a few brands over time till you find the perfect ones that make your s6 sound the best to your ears.

and enjoy it
What I meant by "not the best" is that there are definetly better guitars out there, but that being said they're much, much more expensive. I couldn't find anything in the store under $1500 that I liked better.

And humidity could also be an issue, since the store I got it from is in St. Johns, a coastal city with fog pretty much every day. I only just got home last night to my hometown, which is basically a desert. So I'm still seeing how the guitar will sound now in this climate.

I also bought Elixir acoustic strings with the guitar. I just figured because Elixir's electric strings are so damn awesome, the acoustic ones must at least be decent. Haven't put them on yet though...
Quote by Doonan
at the higher end of that range possibly tanglewood. at the lower end, theyre all pretty similar but yamaha is always good to the beginner.

also, welcome to playing acoustic guitar!
and, as you noted (but i feel i must point it out again) its always your choice, and the guitars that we like you might hate, so just go to a guitar store, try out a bunch, pick maybe 2 or 3 that you like, and then come back and ask us what we think of each one?

Thanks for the warm welcome.

Thinking about going to Guitar center next week and trying out some guitars. I'll keep you guys updated on witch guitars I like best.

Rachel
Decked out with a First act cheep $30 guitar and included blue pick .