I've asked before about this amp and was just wondering if anyone had more insight for me. I am 18, in two bands and am really serious about guitar. I really can't be taken seriously with my line 6 amp so I thought that for 600-700 bucks after shipping a jsx would be a good choice. The music I play in my band mainly falls into the style or a combination of the following bands: Metallica, Dream Theater, Iron Maiden, Alice in Chains, but I also play classic rock, acdc, bon jovi and some other older stuff, but I really want the amp to be able to do some drop d dream theater esque riffing and be able to play classic rock and maybe even some blues too. Is this amp a good choice or should I look for a different amp used? Thanks
I say if you try it out and you like it, then go for it. Those are solid, versatile amps.

Between the velvet lies, there's a truth as hard as steel.
The vision never dies, life's a neverending wheel.
I haven't tried it and don't have the ablility to really. Im in ohio and i seriously dont know if there's one at a guitar center in the state. I will look elsewhere but it won't be easy to find
Agreed. Great amp that will nail what you want and more so. Granted the blues tones will be marshally based but so is a lot of the bands you listed.

Use the link in my siggy to find gear and also do a National Search on GCs used gear section of their web site.
Dude

Bugera 333xl

Killer amp.

All of you on about Bugera's reliability issues, get off, it's a bunch of quick fixes, and this amp is the most versatile one I've ever used.
Quote by hellraiser11
I haven't tried it and don't have the ablility to really. Im in ohio and i seriously dont know if there's one at a guitar center in the state. I will look elsewhere but it won't be easy to find

Where in Ohio? There's a JSX in Canton, MI, or a XXX (non Satch sig version) in Columbus. If not then try Craigslist, the JSX might be hard to find but you can settle for a much easier to find and less expensive XXX (a very similar amp in case you're wondering).
Between the velvet lies, there's a truth as hard as steel.
The vision never dies, life's a neverending wheel.
It's a fairly versatile amp, but you might want a light overdrive pedal for something mellower than hard blues and bluesy rock. I didn't like it as much back when I tried it, but I know I didn't really dial it in very well. Try it. You might like it. It has a nice clean channel and the dirty channels cover a good amount of territory.
Fender Telecaster
DeArmond M series
Vox Night Train 15 head w/Weber loaded 1x12
Dunlop DVP3 Volume (X)
Klone circuit/Russian Big Muff 2in 1
Fulltone Fulldrive 2 MOSFET
TC Electronic Nova Delay
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Line 6 M5