I recently came into owning 2 new pedals, one a Jim Dunlop Dime Crybaby Custom wah, the other a Roland Boss Distortion DS-1 stomp-box. I run my main rig, an Epiphone Les Paul Special II in Vintage Sunburst through a Line 6 Spider III 15W amp. So far, I'm delighted with the distortion I'm getting from the Boss, and love the moans I drive from the Dunlop.

Now, I'm pretty good at chasing tone, but when I go from clean to distorted using the pedal, it sounds a tad screwy. I need some assistance in getting some good sound for the next 3 songs, since I'm playing them at the Cairo, NY Apple Harvest Festival this October.

The songs are in this order:

1) The Godfather (as performed by Guns N' Roses)
2) Knockin' on Heaven's Door (as performed by Guns N' Roses)
3) Sweet Child o' Mine

If anyone can give me some advice, that would make my life just a little easier.

Thanks to all of your responses!
slash uses the overdrive from his marshalls (i think) so im not sure if youre going to be able go to the tone from a ds-1

i would suggest for sweet child of mine to make the tone very trebly
You can't. I honestly wouldn't waste my time trying, but you are more than welcome to.

Also, how are you playing a festival with that gear?
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Hate to say it, but you'd get a more GNR tone from the Spider than the DS-1, believe me, I bought that pedal about 7 years ago when the GNR Greatest Hits came out and struggled for hours trying to get the right tone from it and failed.

If you have to use the Spider, try a Marshall JCM800 setting, that is your best bet