my VC30 212 is LOUD. the 7 watts switch on the Handsome Devil combo sounds attractive and from what i've seen/heard on youtube they sound pretty nice, although you can never find anyone that plays your style with the amp you want to hear! what are they like for Hendrix tones? i'd also like some clean headroom for my other Texas Special loaded strat to churn out some pseudo SRV tones. as for the HT-20, i dunno, it sounded quite nice in this demo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MOXCh5qOds

but 20 watts will still be loud as shit, but with only one 12 incher it might be more bearable.

what you guys think? nice one.
I'm the one that has to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life, the way I want to
- Jimi Hendrix

Im tired of following my dreams, im going to ask them where their going and hook up with them later
- Mitch Hedberg
Can't listen to demo cause cell phone won't do dat. I may be biased because I own a Blackheart head 1 wattr but go for the Blackheart personally. It has that true pure tube tone that is the titts.

Only played the HT5, but thought it was OK for the price.

Need to play a jet city again but seems the jca20 would work well too.

Budget? New or used? Closest city? Heaviest of heavies?
7 watts is pretty loud too, so bear that in mind. (I haven't tried either the HD or the BS)
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
if you are going to play these amps at max volume, that 7 volt switch is the only thing that will help reduce the volume(i dont think by much either)

if you are playing both the ht20/HD at low volumes, they should perform pretty similar

a single speaker vs your 2x speaker setup should be less volume (percieved or not)
im probably going to buy it new online, not much selection in the shops around Dublin i could also get about €350 for my own amp which will mean i only have to put about €100 towards the Blackheart, or about €150 towards the Blackstar. i can actually play the Blackstar because its on the shops over here. but the Blackheart appeals to me because of its simplicity and a lot of people around here seem to like Blackhearts.
I'm the one that has to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life, the way I want to
- Jimi Hendrix

Im tired of following my dreams, im going to ask them where their going and hook up with them later
- Mitch Hedberg