Page 1 of 2
Searchbarred, found nothing recent or relevant.

Looking at your mp3 player, what is the average age of the musicians to whom you listen?
I did a quick count and my average musician age is 52. Whether this is something I should be proud of or ashamed of as a 22yr old girl I do not know.

Well?
Probably late 20's to mid 30's.
Quote by lolmnt
We're better than Mexico cuz we rule USA USA USA
About 3k songs on there, I'm not counting. I'd guess they're all older than me. I'd also guess that they're, on average, twice my age, so about 35.
Uh, probably 20somethings. Most of them, that is.

In my restless dreams...
I see that town.
Silent Hill.
You promised you'd take me there again someday.
But you never did.

Well, I'm alone there now.
In our 'special place'...
Waiting for you.

Actually figuring this out would require far too much effort. If I had to guess, I'd say most are between 25-35.
No one in their right mind will actually find out, considering most people here have anywhere from 500 - 10,000 songs on their iPods.

Everyone will just take a random shot at it, and the general consensus will be anywhere from 25-35 years old.

EDIT:

^^
Quote by imdeth
You're like internet Jesus!

This signature feels so empty now.
The Mozart, Bach, Brahms et al really screws up my average.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
My guess is about 40-50
Quote by Kensai
You'll find whisky very different, but try it and you'll grow into it, soon you and whisky are one, but still two, lovers dancing across a frozen lake under moonlight, wrapped in honey and warmth.

Sums up whisky perfectly
Quote by RG5EX1
No one in their right mind will actually find out, considering most people here have anywhere from 500 - 10,000 songs on their iPods.

Everyone will just take a random shot at it, and the general consensus will be anywhere from 25-35 years old.

EDIT:

^^

I have 1.4Tb of music and the figure I give in the OP is something I actually sat down and worked out.

I lead no life....although most of the musicians I like are old enough to be grandfathers.

Quote by RG5EX1

Or you could use half a brain, sample 20 randoms, and average it out. BTW I used age pre-mortem.
"You can drink an ugly chick hot, but you can’t drink a fat chick skinny."

Fender: HSS Stratocaster

Modulus: 1991 Q5

Peavey:158BASS
Marshall: MG30FDX
Acoustic: B200
Quote by DimebagLivesOn
Probably late 20's to mid 30's.

Seeing as I listen to most of the same stuff as this guy...this.

Quote by Fassa Albrecht
I have 1.4Tb of music and the figure I give in the OP is something I actually sat down and worked out.

I lead no life....although most of the musicians I like are old enough to be grandfathers.

Rush collections don't count.
Last edited by goest at Sep 7, 2010,
The reason your average is 52 because thats the average age of Rush. Seriously, I checked.

It's not really.. Pretty close though.. They're all 57
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
I did a quick count and my average musician age is 52.

You must have like three bands on your player. No way in hell am I gonna take waste the time to go through all the bands on my ipod and average their ages.
MATTERHORN
Quote by goest
Seeing as I listen to most of the same stuff as this guy...this.

Quote by lolmnt
30- 60 or dead
Quote by Primus2112

*lolstack*

I had to do that instead of a real lolstack, because the number of lols would exceed the image limit. But dear god

Quote by Burgery
Well he's not a bad teacher, it just seems like he really doesn't know an awful lot about what he's teaching...
I listen to a lot of older stuff and a lot of newer stuff. It probably averages out to about, I dunno, 38 or so. That's sort of my lucky number anyway. If you have some classical music it's really gonna skew that average though!
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
Quote by Bearded_Seth
The reason your average is 52 because thats the average age of Rush. Seriously, I checked.

It's not really.. Pretty close though.. They're all 57

Sad thing is that I know the average age of Rush to be 57.3 (Neil Peart is 58 in a few days time).

Why did I even bother to work that out?!
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Just took a look at my music library. The youngest artist on there is 35...

Nothing to really be sad about.
Quote by Primus2112

*lolstack*

I had to do that instead of a real lolstack, because the number of lols would exceed the image limit. But dear god

Quote by Burgery
Well he's not a bad teacher, it just seems like he really doesn't know an awful lot about what he's teaching...
Quote by TheIntruder
Nothing to really be sad about.

It's pretty old considering most of the other girls I know listen to artists under 30.
Quote by DimebagLivesOn
Why should that matter?

It shouldn't
Quote by Primus2112

*lolstack*

Quote by Burgery
Quote by goest
Because I say so.

Fuck what you say
Quote by lolmnt
30-40
I like St. Anger. Ridicule me, daddy

Quote by ErikLensherr

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Really? I have 8000+ songs. I don't have time for that. I have stuff ranging from, oh, 16 year olds to 90 year olds.
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

Quote by John Frusciante
Music isn't the Olympics. It's not about showing other people what you can do with a piece of wood in your hands that has strings on, it's about making sounds that are good.
Gen X understands me.
Catch me,
heal me,
Lift me back up to the Sun
I choose to live
Quote by DimebagLivesOn
Fuck what you say

So that's the way it's gonna be?

PUGILISM!!!!!!!
Quote by goest
So that's the way it's gonna be?

PUGILISM!!!!!!!

Yeah, until you like Converge
Quote by lolmnt
ball parking it, probably in the 40's
Gotta keep my eyes from the circling skies...
tounge tied and twisted just an earth bound misfit...

>CRYPTIC METAPHOR<

Quote by ilikepirates
ilikeyou.

not hated
Page 1 of 2