Sup guys?

So I've had my Triple Rectifier for a good two months now and I haven't quite found my perfect tone yet.

I was wondering. For all you rectifier guys, what's your favorite tone? If you can list it all. ie, Silicon Diodes/Vacuum Tubes, Bold/Spongy, Channel 2/3, Modern/Vintage/Raw, EQ levels, Do you boost it at all? If so, with what? And what settings? etc..
http://www.myspace.com/takethekey

PRS Singlecut w/ Tremonti Treble/Bass
Taylor 614ce

Mesa Boogie Triple Rectifier
Mills Acoustics Afterburner 412B

"Mark Tremonti is what Willis was talking about..."
Last edited by mrb1946 at Sep 7, 2010,
Channel 2, Vintage, settings shown in the owners manual (I know, I'm a noob), tube rectifier, bold, boosted with a TS7 is great.

Channel 3, Modern, also owners manual settings, SS rectifier, bold, boosted with TS7 is great.

I also love my cleans with mids dropped to 9:00 and treble boosted to 2 or 3.
Well pretty much everyone I've heard of having these amps usually boost them with a tubescreamer or tubescreamer-esque pedal which tightens them up. I've never played one so I can't say anything else, but the whole Mid hump OD thing is a really popular thing. Level>10, Drive>0 or near 0, and Tone set to taste.
Quote by WtrPlyr
Quote by alans056
Maybe the price tag is clouding your judgment ?
yeah probably. Or the circuits.
i know i have Dual not a Triple but theyre not too different IMO. this is what i use for pretty much everything http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSborNTfjDM

i now however use modern not vintage
Tom Anderson Guitarworks

Mayones Guitars

Suhr Guitars

Mesa Boogie

Friedman Amplification

Fractal Audio Systems

Quote by Bladed-Vaults
*Bane voice* ahhh yes. The br00tz, I was born with it. Molded by it. I didnt know of the light until I was already a man.
A boost is a must with a 3 channel Recto.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
A boost is a must with a 3 channel Recto.

i live pretty well without one......

its personal taste
Tom Anderson Guitarworks

Mayones Guitars

Suhr Guitars

Mesa Boogie

Friedman Amplification

Fractal Audio Systems

Quote by Bladed-Vaults
*Bane voice* ahhh yes. The br00tz, I was born with it. Molded by it. I didnt know of the light until I was already a man.
This is the tightest and most aggressive tone I've been able to dial in on my Triple.

Vacuum Tubes - Bold - Red Channel - Modern

Bass: 10 o'clock
Mids: 2/3-ish o'clock
Treble: 3 o'clock
Presence: 11 o'clock
Master: 11 o'clock
Gain: 10 o'clock

You'll want to throw an OD in front.

Drive: 8-9 o'clock
Level: 2-3 o'clock
Tone: 2-3 o'clock

Be sure to crank the output past 9 o'clock. With the OD engaged, the low end really tightens up and the high end is drastically tamed, yet still very aggressive without sounding fizzy. A lot of people give the Triple a bad name, but I honestly find it to be more aggressive and have a tighter low end than the Dual.

A good modern tone is easy to dial in. I've been messing around with EQ's for the orange channel set to Vintage for a while now. It's getting there. With the last band I played for, I really didn't have a very heavy tone at all. It was more of a mid-gain crunch on the orange channel set to vintage.