41 58%
Voters: 71.
Page 1 of 2
Who created the best music?

Who was more musically diverse?

Who made the best compositions?

Who was the biggest musical genius?
Quote by vivalasteve
This one time, I was...erm...orgasming...but nonstop. It just wouldn't stop and, without being too graphic, basically was like how the blood was coming out of your mouth, then I got dehydrated and died. True story.
I was gonna post a replay saying:

"Neither. Bach > All"

However, you included a Bach option.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Quote by Simsimius
I was gonna post a replay saying:

"Neither. Bach > All"

However, you included a Bach option.

Same.

I was gonna be an uncooperative douche, but TS prepared for me

Quote by extrememetal94
Who created the best music?

Who was more musically diverse?

Who made the best compositions?

Who was the biggest musical genius?

Seth Putnam
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Elton John, douche shit
Quote by JacobTheMe
JacobTheEdit: Hell yeah Ruben.

Quote by Jackal58
I met Jesus once. Cocksucker still owes me 20 bucks.
What's wrong with 'hoven?
Quote by vivalasteve
This one time, I was...erm...orgasming...but nonstop. It just wouldn't stop and, without being too graphic, basically was like how the blood was coming out of your mouth, then I got dehydrated and died. True story.
Quote by SaintsofNowhere
Same.

I was gonna be an uncooperative douche, but TS prepared for me

Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
Amp:
- Laney VC15

RIP DIO
I'm not really a fan of the baroque or classical era so I'm going with all the other ones.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
No vs threads
1. You're surfing the internet.
2. You're browsing through the UG forums.
3. You're reading now.
5. You didn't notice that there was no #4.
6. You just checked it.
7. Now you're having a lil smile.

Quote by hawk_kst
You Sir, have the best signature like ever!
Bach. He's even on my Mp3.
Quote by Todd Hart
Shooting your friends with a real gun is a definite faux pas.

Quote by mystical_1
Professor Plum in the Studio with a new Amp

Quote by snipelfritz
If only I were the only one at home right now. I don't need my parents asking who Mr. Wiggles is.
I must say, the compositional skill of Lil Wayne exceed any of your options, TS.

EDIT!!: But seriously, Bach. I was thinking of starting a boy band that pays tribute to Bach, called the Bach Street Boys.
Last edited by TomusAM at Sep 7, 2010,
Quote by extrememetal94
What's wrong with 'hoven?

He has only a handful of compositions that are awe-inspiring, whereas pretty much all of Mozart's and Bach's (especially Mozart, imo) music is phenomenal. Except for really early Mozart, when he was like 13 - that stuff is kinda meh.

All IMHO, of course.

Matt Bellamy sux.
MATTERHORN
Quote by TomusAM
I must say, the compositional skill of Lil Wayne exceed any of your options, TS.

EDIT!!: But seriously, Bach. I was thinking of starting a boy band that pays tribute to Bach, called the Bach Street Boys.

DO IT!

But actually make a boy band and do a cover of this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bo1x-62WmrI
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
Amp:
- Laney VC15

RIP DIO
Bach. Don't like his Skid Row era though.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
Chopin
"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils. The motions of his spirit are dull as night, and his affections dark as Erebus. Let no such man be trusted."
Quote by Swannie
Chopin

I'm sorry to sound like an ignorant little bitch but wasn't he mainly known for his work on piano?
I'm a Beethoven man. Mozart has some amazing compositions, but Beethoven is just so consistently moving, it's ridiculous...

Quote by Doctor Matthews
He has only a handful of compositions that are awe-inspiring, whereas pretty much all of Mozart's and Bach's (especially Mozart, imo) music is phenomenal.

the exact opposite of my opinion... how intriguing
Last edited by korinaflyingv at Sep 7, 2010,
Quote by ibrahimasood
Yngwie Malmsteen/

What is this I don't even...
Quote by Todd Hart
Shooting your friends with a real gun is a definite faux pas.

Quote by mystical_1
Professor Plum in the Studio with a new Amp

Quote by snipelfritz
If only I were the only one at home right now. I don't need my parents asking who Mr. Wiggles is.
Out of the 3 in the poll, Bach, cause Classical blows male genitals. 20th Century, Impressionism, and even Romantic are more interesting than Baroque and Classical though, imho.
Quote by SlinkyBlue
I remember when I was really young, I had a wet dream in which i was being dragged along an urban countryside by a pickup truck.

Don't ask me I have no idea how the hell it happened.

To Me:

Quote by Son.Of.TheViper

I love you
Bach is without a doubt, the most prolific and influential composer out of the three. He established the harmonic possibilities that everyone in the common practice came to rely on, including Mozart and Beethoven. Bach's mastery of counterpoint and harmonic innovations makes him the father of western music. He explored all 24 chromatic keys in the Well Tempered Clavier, writing material that, even by today's standards, can still be considered ahead of the time. His Goldberg Variations feature canons at every interval, and they all conform to the same harmonic form. And the 14 fugues of the Art of Fugue shows how much he can do with just one single idea. His output is almost unmatched, writing about 4000-8000 compositions, depending on whether individual movements are counted. He created polyphonic possibilities on seemingly monophonic instruments, such as the violin, cello, and even flute and pushed their technical limit. His music is possibly the most universal music in existance, as they can be adapted to almost any ensemble and style, ie Swingle Singers, Bobby McFerrin, Malmsteen, etc. Even today's popular music derives from his ideas.

Mozart also had a great control of composition techniques, but he often didn't show it in his works. However, he was clearly ahead of his time in a few select works, such as the opening of the dissonant quartet, the multi-thematic overlapping orchestral sections in Le Nozze di Figaro, and the polyphonic Requiem which features a brilliant double fugue. He is also a master of orchestration at a time of its infancy.

Beethoven is my least favorite, but he expanded and challenged the musical forms. He was so careful to structure every section the right way. He also brought out more chromaticism and dissonance in conventional harmony. And of course, he's known as the bridge between classical and romantic eras by emphasizing on his personal voice, instead of pleasing courts and the upper class.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Last edited by Xiaoxi at Sep 7, 2010,
friggen bach i love his shit

but hell there all good in there own way bach is just like so intricate
Quote by The Spoon
Unless you're sure she likes you, telling her you like her has a 110% chance of failing.

But hey, at least you have a 10% chance of absolutely guaranteeing failure.
As the starting point of the finest artistic movement ever - Romanticism - my vote goes to Beethoven. Simply for the Late String Quartets. I still haven't found a piece as moving and stunning as the Quartet #15 in its entirety.

Oh, also, The Ninth Symphony is the most beautiful journey of happiness, I've never heard such a wonderful and stirring work of joy as that, and he was totally deaf when he wrote it.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Quote by Xiaoxi
Bach is without a doubt, the most prolific and influential composer out of the three. He established the harmonic possibilities that everyone in the common practice came to rely on, including Mozart and Beethoven. Bach's mastery of counterpoint and harmonic innovations makes him the father of western music. He explored all 24 chromatic keys in the Well Tempered Clavier, writing material that, even by today's standards, can still be considered ahead of the time. His Goldberg Variations feature canons at every interval, and they all conform to the same harmonic form. And the 14 fugues of the Art of Fugue shows how much he can do with just one single idea. His output is almost unmatched, writing about 4000-8000 compositions, depending on whether individual movements are counted. He created polyphonic possibilities on seemingly monophonic instruments, such as the violin, cello, and even flute and pushed their technical limit. His music is possibly the most universal music in existance, as they can be adapted to almost any ensemble and style, ie Swingle Singers, Bobby McFerrin, Malmsteen, etc. Even today's popular music derives from his ideas.

Mozart also had a great control of composition techniques, but he often didn't show it in his works. However, he was clearly ahead of his time in a few select works, such as the opening of the dissonant quartet, the multi-thematic overlapping orchestral sections in Le Nozze di Figaro, and the polyphonic Requiem which features a brilliant double fugue. He is also a master of orchestration at a time of its infancy.

Beethoven is my least favorite, but he expanded and challenged the musical forms. He was so careful to structure every section the right way. He also brought out more chromaticism and dissonance in conventional harmony. And of course, he's known as the bridge between classical and romantic eras by emphasizing on his personal voice, instead of pleasing courts and the upper class.

Wow, do you study music?
Quote by vivalasteve
All three are awesome, but Mozart is my favorite of the three

Richard Wagner is my favorite of all tho
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
Quote by Spartan101400
Uematsu

Uematsu ain't shit compared to these three. He has some quirky melodies, big deal.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Last edited by Xiaoxi at Sep 7, 2010,
Quote by extrememetal94
Wow, do you study music?

Yea. And if it's not already too obvious, I am a Bach fanboy.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Pure beauty.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRBH4xt4k9A

From around 4:50 onwards is my favourite building melody I've heard for the strings, it grows to something so heart wrenching and phenomenal by the 7-8 minute mark.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Page 1 of 2