Hi guys,

I am in need of a versatile delay so I went to try out a DL4 today and had some trouble. I really just couldn`t figure out how to work it. Regardless of the preset I set it to or how I changed the delay time and repeat knobs it didn`t make the effect sound any different. Does anyone have some advice on what I was doing wrong as I hope it sounds like a common noobie problem as I`ve never messed around with anything Line 6 before or any modeling pedals for that matter; in the past I`ve always just gone for the real deal.

Thanks in advance.
███████████████████████████████████
Was the pedal...

- Turned on?
- Properly powered?
- Input/output jacks properly connected?
- Did you have the Mix knob above 0?
- Were you sure it was working and not broken?
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Oh it was working like I could get a delay sound out of it... It just didn`t change effects when I turned the knobs. Sorry I thought I made that obvious when I said changing the presets didn`t CHANGE the effect.... Not that there was no delay effect at all.

To me it sounded like it was stuck on just a standard digital delay. I think I`ll reiterate to be completely clear though. I was getting a delay sound, but changing the preset knob and changing the customization knobs - delay time, repeats, tweez, tweak, and mix - didn't do anything. For example I could change the mix to zero and you could still hear the delay; the volume didn't decrease. I also couldn't get the looper to record or playback.

Thanks.
It sounds like it wasn't working correctly then. Even changing the presets should definitely change the delays.
All of our days are numbered
I’ve taken some comfort
In knowing the wave has crested
Knowing I don’t have to be an exception
Quote by InfiniteRain
It sounds like it wasn't working correctly then. Even changing the presets should definitely change the delays.

Yeah it was pretty weird like the delay would only repeat once no matter which way I changed the repeats knob, and the time wouldn't change either :s
Quote by tona_107
Yeah it was pretty weird like the delay would only repeat once no matter which way I changed the repeats knob, and the time wouldn't change either :s

Yup, definitely not working correctly yet. I looooove my DL4, but I won't lie, they kind of have a history of of breaking fairly easily. A working DL4 is a great delay pedal though.

Like I said, even just twisting the preset dial should have changed the sound and time. Something like the tape delay should sound drastically different than the reverse preset.
I’ve taken some comfort
Quote by InfiniteRain
Yup, definitely not working correctly yet. I looooove my DL4, but I won't lie, they kind of have a history of of breaking fairly easily. A working DL4 is a great delay pedal though.

Like I said, even just twisting the preset dial should have changed the sound and time. Something like the tape delay should sound drastically different than the reverse preset.

That seems pretty ridiculous considering it was right out of the box at the store. Like the sticker seal was still fresh on the box.

I still think I should order it online and send it back if it just so happens not to work.
Quote by tona_107
That seems pretty ridiculous considering it was right out of the box at the store. Like the sticker seal was still fresh on the box.

I still think I should order it online and send it back if it just so happens not to work.

Sometimes, they just glitch up as well. There's a way to reset them, although I don't remember exactly how to do it off the top of my head as it has been a while. I think it's something along the lines of holding down the farthest left and farthest right button and then plugging a cable in.
I’ve taken some comfort
Quote by InfiniteRain
Sometimes, they just glitch up as well. There's a way to reset them, although I don't remember exactly how to do it off the top of my head as it has been a while. I think it's something along the lines of holding down the farthest left and farthest right button and then plugging a cable in.

Yeah while I was reading the manual trying to get it to work I gave that a try and no luck which I thought was weird. But I probably just didnt reset it properly.
Quote by tona_107
Yeah while I was reading the manual trying to get it to work I gave that a try and no luck which I thought was weird. But I probably just didnt reset it properly.

Ah, I don't know then. Whatever the case, I wouldn't buy the one you tried.
I’ve taken some comfort
Quote by InfiniteRain
Ah, I don't know then. Whatever the case, I wouldn't buy the one you tried.

Yeah definitely thanks for your advice. I am still going to order it online though because it is from a national chain and I'm assuming they don't ship out stock from stores, rather they must have a warehouse or something?
Quote by tona_107
Yeah definitely thanks for your advice. I am still going to order it online though because it is from a national chain and I'm assuming they don't ship out stock from stores, rather they must have a warehouse or something?

No problem, glad to help. I imagine that's how it works, although to be honest I'm not 100% sure.
I’ve taken some comfort