I’ve been promising this forever now. In short, I spent the summer overseas, but remained locked to ebay. Then I got back and blew the rest of my bank account. I’ve had all this stuff for a few weeks now and put it through the hoops. This is not a honeymoon review.

here it is:

I needed a new case for my Ibanez S470 so I picked up an mc100 at a sweet price. It is a fantastic case that will fit Ibanez S and RG models. Super sturdy and the interior is a beautiful blue plush. This is one of the better cases that Ibanez make, and I highly recommend it.

On to some better stuff:

Budda Budwah

So I’ve been using an old Vox 847 forever now, and have gotten a little sick of the high end. The Budwah is the answer to my call. Thick and sultry wah tones, really brings the sound to life. As soon as it clicks on, you know the guitar is really here. I’ve heard a few times now that Budda made use of the entire “useable” EQ spectrum here, and I definitely agree. You get all the thick tone without any of the screeching highs. Definitely a keeper.

I also picked up one of these:

Jam Pedals Waterfall

This pedal is my new favorite. I’ve been in the market for a new chorus for a while now, and had made my mind up on the analogman. I saved on ebay search of this one a while back for kicks (There’s no way I could afford the price tag, and these almost never pop up used). I got home drunk one night to an email that one of these had popped up for a buy it now of 165. Mine.

Holy shit, this is the best chorus pedal I have ever heard. Lush, sweet shimmer with none of the chaotic mess that characterizes most chorus pedals. It basically strips away everything that makes most chorus pedals sound so cheesy. I have a hard time turning it off. If you get a chance, grab one, I am never letting this go. The controls are very powerful, and the pots have the really smooth turn of my kanji which makes me smile. You can also switch between subtle and intense, and there’s a vibe mode that I’ll enjoy ill I pick up a déjà vibe. And of course, the custom paintjob is sick..

Marshall DSL 201

So I bought another amp. I needed something smaller than my legacy for bedroom use, and was looking at a Traynor and a bunch of Fenders. I went to GC to check out guitars and ran into this beauty on the used shelf. I’ve always hated on TSLs. And even the DSL head left a lot to be desired with me. But this little 20 watt version screams. Pretty basic set up, two channels, one 12 inch speaker etc. But man I love this amp. Loud enough to Jam with a full band, but low enough of a wattage to get power tube breakup at levels that won’t cause hearing loss. It sounds great, and I’ll probably be taking it out on smaller gigs where the legacy is overkill.
One more for you:

Excited?

Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster

This is my new baby. I decided I needed something with single coils to complement my Ibanez. I tried out every guitar in most of the stores within a 20 mile radius of my house. I’ve never really been into fenders, never really liked maple fretboards, never buy gear new...but this guitar is something else. Medium V neck feels fantastic. The locking tuners are great, the contoured heel makes high fret access so much easier, and the weight is perfect. It’s an older model with SCN pickups (Which I far prefer to the new N3 noiseless junk). The S-1 switching system gives you so many more options for tone, I rarely need to access my tone knobs. Mostly it just feels and sounds great, and I’m having a blast playing it. I used all my contacts and pull at GC to get this for the price of a used one, so I’m pretty thrilled.

I pulled the rest of my gear out of the basement to leave you with a family shot:

Clips of the chorus. Nao.

thx.
We've dressed up in our best...

...and are prepared to go down like gentlemen.

Quote by bogg808
The PBT is for those too TGP for the rest of UG.

That stuff is sexy!

And I like what you did with your choice of strats, I never really wanted a strat, then I got a All white + Maple Fretboard strat and it's quite cool!

Happy NGD!!!
I recently got a Satchurator and an amazing find on craigslist for a guitar but I haven't got around to posting it...
Congrats to excessive gear purchases! I'd really like to hear the chorus pedal if you have the time to record some clips. If it's truly missing the cheese factor of every chorus pedal out there, I'm all ears.

I'm really liking that Strat! The Strat paired up with the Legacy is making me regret getting rid of my Legacy. Very nice and practical rig. Have fun with it!
^That's all in the settings, man. Unless it's a Small Stone...
We've dressed up in our best...

...and are prepared to go down like gentlemen.

Quote by bogg808
The PBT is for those too TGP for the rest of UG.

I didn't think this was the "Make People Jealous" thread

/horrible joke
You are now using UG Black.
You are now using UG Classic.

Listening to: Duke Ellington

I'm sick and tired of people calling America the stupidest country in the world. I personally think Europe is the stupidest country.
Last edited by Wolfinator-x at Sep 7, 2010,
Wonderful setup youve got.

HNGD
2012 Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic
2001 Schecter C-1 Classic
2007 Yamaha APX500
Vox AC15CC1 w/ Eminence Tonkerlite
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
I'll have to try some Jam pedals next time I go to Moog Audio, their design always caught my eye but I've never played one

HNGD
Nice scores!! The contoured neck heel on that strat looks fantastic.

Lovepedal is incredible right? You said it was a Kanji? I've got a Fuze, and it's probably the best OD ever.
Strats are comin' with locking tuners now? NICE!
(don't really follow fender guitars much so they could have been doing this for years now, ha!)
Wow. Rad NGD man

V necks (lol) ftw!
Quote by SG_dave at #33549256
I've never wanted to see a guy eat dick so much in my life.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7 at #33553650
If you are white, you are scum.
hey sweet strat, it's like a modern 57 deluxe.

also, i ran into one of those dsl201's the other day on clist for under $400. I thought about running over there.

nice stuff all around.
Thanks guys!

Unfortunately I have no way of recording clips as I sold my recording setup last year. I may just try something really basic at some point.

Quote by darkwolf291
YOU'RE THE REASON FOR MY GAS DENIED!

Quote by forsaknazrael
Gutshots of chorus, pl0x.

I did try, I knew you'd ask Unfortunately theyve both flipped and gooped the board..

Quote by enselmis

Lovepedal is incredible right? You said it was a Kanji?

Yeah, the Kanji is the best I've yet to find for smooth, creamy, transparent OD. I love that pedal.

Quote by gregs1020
hey sweet strat, it's like a modern 57 deluxe.

also, i ran into one of those dsl201's the other day on clist for under $400. I thought about running over there.

nice stuff all around.

Yeah, I figured If I wasn't going to get something vintage it may as well be full of upgrades but definitely plays like an older guitar, the neck is just beyond anything I felt on any standard I've tried.

400 is wait I paid for mine, so anything below that is a sweet deal
Quote by denied

Yeah, I figured If I wasn't going to get something vintage it may as well be full of upgrades but definitely plays like an older guitar, the neck is just beyond anything I felt on any standard I've tried.

400 is wait I paid for mine, so anything below that is a sweet deal

we had one in the store when i worked there, it was a great guitar that i almost sold to a UGer. (they wanted rosewood) really nice guitar.

and i think they were asking $375 for the dsl201. record some clips of this stuff if possible.
nice!
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

getting multiple pieces of gear is so awesome.. even if its just something simple like new strings + a pedal..

but when its amps, guitars, pedals.. nice!
/rig
Cheers guys!

Quote by gregs1020
we had one in the store when i worked there, it was a great guitar that i almost sold to a UGer. (they wanted rosewood) really nice guitar.

and i think they were asking $375 for the dsl201. record some clips of this stuff if possible.

I'll try to get some clips up as soon as possible. Definitely going to need a demo of the straight through that chorus out of the legacy.

Quote by mespinos
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

getting multiple pieces of gear is so awesome.. even if its just something simple like new strings + a pedal..

but when its amps, guitars, pedals.. nice!

I know, isn't it great? :P