Hey what do you guys think of the orange tiny terror head. And what is its strong points and weak points?
Guitars
PRS Custom 24
Ibanez ndm-1 NOODLE
Jackson Kelly Proffesional KE2
Greg Bennet Acoustic

Amps
Peavey ValveKing 100 Watt halfstack
Marshal MG 50 FX :p

Pedals
MXR 10 band EQ
Boss DS-1
Pros:
Great straight up lead tone.
Small.
Cool looking.
Built like tank
Loud enough to play shows

Cons:
1 Channel (dual has 2)
Not versatile at all (the dual is slightly better in this regard).
Very little clean headroom (should be enough for bedroom practice, cleans will be hairy at gigs)
Can't do modern metal even with a boost. Not enough low end.
There's totally enough for modern metal in my Dual Terror, I can't see why there wouldn't be in the tiny terror. I mean, I know there is since I have a TT half of my amp. The low end of modern metal comes from the bass guitar, so no amp will really accurately represent those frequencies when you're playing in your bedroom. Aside from that, you hit most of the points. Another downside is the lack of effects loop, but another plus is the sweet gig bag.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Quote by Sid McCall
There's totally enough for modern metal in my Dual Terror, I can't see why there wouldn't be in the tiny terror. I mean, I know there is since I have a TT half of my amp. The low end of modern metal comes from the bass guitar, so no amp will really accurately represent those frequencies when you're playing in your bedroom. Aside from that, you hit most of the points. Another downside is the lack of effects loop, but another plus is the sweet gig bag.

You're right, there's enough gain for modern metal in both amps, but if he's planning on playing this modern metal at shows with a band, no 30 watt amp, let alone a 15 or 7, will have enough "thump" to get the job done for that genre. I'm just speaking from experience as I've gone through both a D.T. and a Rocker 30 and, while both were great amps, neither really holds their own as a metal rhythm amp. Rockerverbs on the other hand...
Last edited by drewfromutah at Sep 7, 2010,
Yeah, I guess that's true. My band plays some heavier stuff on the verge of metal, but the rhythm guitarists uses a dual rec and the lead guitarist uses my Orange and does the harmony rhythm parts so he doesn't need the low bass chug. I fill in the real thump with my bass, so it all sounds great to me.

Though I will mention, I used an octave down pedal the other day jamming with a drummer and the dual terror sounded amazing. really fuzzy and bassy and generally amazing. It handled the second octave pretty well too.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Quote by Sid McCall
Yeah, I guess that's true. My band plays some heavier stuff on the verge of metal, but the rhythm guitarists uses a dual rec and the lead guitarist uses my Orange and does the harmony rhythm parts so he doesn't need the low bass chug. I fill in the real thump with my bass, so it all sounds great to me.

Though I will mention, I used an octave down pedal the other day jamming with a drummer and the dual terror sounded amazing. really fuzzy and bassy and generally amazing. It handled the second octave pretty well too.

I've thought about getting one of those just to mess around. Octave pedal plus any Orange would make some badass stoner tuneage
Quote by drewfromutah
I've thought about getting one of those just to mess around. Octave pedal plus any Orange would make some badass stoner tuneage

It get's pretty ridiculous, believe you me. Specially with some fuzzy goodness.
We've dressed up in our best...

...and are prepared to go down like gentlemen.

Quote by bogg808
The PBT is for those too TGP for the rest of UG.

Not to completely jack this thread, but check out Danelectro's Chili Dog octave pedal, that's what I use, You can probably even find it on eBay for like $15. It's not the best, but it's probably the best $15 you'll spend on guitar crap you don't need.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Haaha, I got my OM for $60, that was an awesome investment, no more need for bass players. Muhahahah.
We've dressed up in our best...

...and are prepared to go down like gentlemen.

Quote by bogg808
The PBT is for those too TGP for the rest of UG.

ok thanx for the advice on the TT im prolly going to look at one tomorow and as far as the metel tones i really dont play any if much metal so thats not a huge problem for me at all
Guitars
PRS Custom 24
Ibanez ndm-1 NOODLE
Jackson Kelly Proffesional KE2
Greg Bennet Acoustic

Amps
Peavey ValveKing 100 Watt halfstack
Marshal MG 50 FX :p

Pedals
MXR 10 band EQ
Boss DS-1