I absolute adore and love my guitar rig 3 software and how the tone is.
I was wondering if you can plug guitar rig 3 through a Tube amp? I have a peavey valevking 112. I wanted to use that to be like an out speaker for guitar rig 3 since it would be louder when I practice with the band.. I was wondering how you do it. I came up with a theory. But, correct me if Im wrong..

Guitar rig 3 > Audio Interface > Then a wire running out the aux from my Audio Interface > Peavey Valveking 112 > Magic Sound

Also, Do I play in the clean channel and let guitar rig 3 come out of that?
Here's the wire I was planning on using. http://www.zzounds.com/item--XTDXC2
I'm not certain, but it might work if you plug the comptuer into the return of your FX loop and play on the clean channel
That cable is less than a foot long, it's for wireless transmitters on your guitar strap. What's your audio interface? Also, yeah, you need to send it through the one half of your fx loop to bypass the preamp section of the VK, then you just bypass the speaker section of guitar rig (if there is one, there is on amplitube) and you should be all set. Not gonna promise that it'll sound amazing.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Last edited by Sid McCall at Sep 7, 2010,
Quote by Sid McCall
That cable is less than a foot long, it's for wireless transmitters on your guitar strap. What's your audio interface? Also, yeah, you need to send it through the one half of your fx loop to bypass the preamp section of the VK, then you just bypass the speaker section of guitar rig (if there is one, there is on amplitube) and you should be all set. Not gonna promise that it'll sound amazing.

Cab simulation is a seperate module than the amp in GR, yeah.

but as stated before: FX Loop, it probably won't sound all that magical.

that all aside, unless you have one of their foot controllers or you plan on running something simple or things don't need to be turned on/off a lot, Guitar Rig seems like it'd be pretty unwieldy in any situation other than practicing or recording
I Just need something to play my guitar 3 with, without clipping. I play on loud volumes and it clips a lot. I have to sound at my bands level. Would studio monitors work? Or like Pa Speakers? Or Keyboard amp? I heard people using thoughs in live situations before in other forums.
Last edited by life_777 at Sep 7, 2010,
you could go direct to a pa. plenty of people just run a pod to the pa.

i'm not sure but possibly a keyboard/acoustic or bass amp as well, but i'm not as sure about those.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Honestly, I think this is a really good idea. Disable the speaker cab section of Guitar Rig and run it into the Valveking's FX loop return.

Since the VK has tons of headroom, and uses the cleaner, more 'hifi' 6L6 tubes, it's perfect for this sort of thing. You're simply using GR3 as the preamp (and to emulate power section crunch) and then using the VK as a clean valve power amp and speaker cab.

Could sound potentially excellent, although Guitar Rig is nowhere near as good as the latest offerings from Amplitube or Revalver.