ok, i want to get an amp that not only will have good tones, but i would be able to play heavy fuzz/ overdrive songs on

is the orange pix cr 35 w any good?

TL;DR- amp good or bad? can it play good clean and fuzz? ( i am getting a 1990 fender japan strat in a few weeks so )
Gear:
Dean Flying V
Franciscan Model A ClassicalGuitar
Ibanez Acoustic
Dean Acoustic Bass EABG
Mitchell Mu-70 Ukulele
Line 6 Spider III 30W
Korg Kaossilator
Yamaha Keyboard
Boss Metal Core
Fishman RareEarth Humbucker
Last edited by dylman06 at Sep 7, 2010,
Quote by drewfromutah
It's a good practice amp, but you should spring for a real Orange tube amp.

i want to but don't really have money at the moment, and i haven't used a tube amp, but i want one :P
Gear:
Dean Flying V
Franciscan Model A ClassicalGuitar
Ibanez Acoustic
Dean Acoustic Bass EABG
Mitchell Mu-70 Ukulele
Line 6 Spider III 30W
Korg Kaossilator
Yamaha Keyboard
Boss Metal Core
Fishman RareEarth Humbucker
Quote by forsaknazrael
It's not a good practice amp. What's your budget for a new practice amp?

Also, tl;dr is for long blocks of text. You had two sentences. Didn't really need it.

Have you ever played one, or are you judging it because it's solid state?
I have the 20LDX and it's amazing for the price. The 35LDX is a bit darker (probably because of the larger speaker) and has less gain. If you're on a budget and want to save $100, get the 20LDX. If you won't miss the $100 and don't care about a bit less gain and care for lower frequencies (though you can still boost the lows and mids and cut the treble on the 20LDX), go for the 35LDX. Also, the 35LDX has an input for a footswitch between channels (clean and dirty), but I think it's a little pointless since you need have the overdrive knob on 10, and tweaking the amount of filth with the gain knob to get a good overdrive tone. Thus, when you switch to the clean channel (via footswitch), you're going to have to deal with the overdrive being on 10 and getting slight distortion. It may just be me, but I get better cleans out of it with the overdrive on, and then rolling back the volume on my guitar than when on the clean channel. The cleans are wonderful on these amps. The digital effects and tuner are very quality and useful.

Hope this helps.
Last edited by jnukes2 at Sep 7, 2010,