Okay, so noticed that that I play power chords on my E and A strings with my thumb and ring finger and on my A and D strings with my index and pinky. Is that weird? According to everybody I know, I've always done it, but I've never noticed. I also slide on my E string with my thumb. Does anybody else do this?
Quote by reversegenesis
im pretty sure hendrix used his thumb for some chords and look how he turned out

yeah, he turned out dead. TS, you will die from choking on vomit if you play power chords with your thumb. But yeah, that's kinda weird and might be a problem if you want to start making other chord shapes, like going down for a 7th and octaves and stuff.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Quote by Sid McCall
yeah, he turned out dead. TS, you will die from choking on vomit if you play power chords with your thumb. But yeah, that's kinda weird and might be a problem if you want to start making other chord shapes, like going down for a 7th and octaves and stuff.

I've never had trouble with other chords. I can easily move up and down the fretboard and for chords and everything