Page 1 of 3
Hello,

I'm from Brazil. A few days ago me and some friends of mine were discussing about how immigrants were treated in the US and Canada. The main opinion is that latinos have difficulty to socialize with natives.

I didn't buy it, actually. I'd like to hear from you, if you guys would become friends of a brazilian, or a latino guy, or even date a latina, heheh.

Thank you very much!
'89 Fender Stratocaster MIJ
Vintage Noiseless Trio
Kahler Bridge
Locking Nut
'99 Epiphone Les Paul Standard MIK
DiMarzio Super Distortion (bridge)
Boss ME70
Sennheiser HD 201
I love immigrants, America is almost entirely composed of families that were once immigrants. I have major issues with illegal immigrants.
Quote by Wondergaurd
The Strat/Tele debate is alot like picking a starter in Pokemon, each is great at something and can cover other fields well, it's just what they do good and great that makes 'em different
Can of worms, you've opened it, TS.
inb4 Epicjizzbizz and rgrock.
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
I'll be friends with most anyone. Can't say that for some people here in America though.
But yeah, make sure you get here legally. Can't say too many people have a tolerance for illegals.
Call me Jack.
All that you love...
...you must love now.
My Gear:
PRS Custom 24
Standard MIM Tele
Larrivée LV-09E
Rivera Clubster 45 112 Combo Tube
Boss ME-20 Multi-effects pedal
Boss OC-3 Super octave pedal
My own home-made octave-up pedal
We welcome immigrants with open arms here, despite what you might read on the internet. We just prefer you do it legally. After all, you don't want anyone in your house that you didn't invite in!

And from what I've seen, Latinos are usually pretty social and get along with pretty much everyone.

Quote by damian_91

Kewl, I've only been here 6 months and I already got a reputation going!
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
Last edited by rgrockr at Sep 7, 2010,
Quote by damian_91

HAHHAHAHA! 5 TIMES WORLD CHAMPIONS! AND OUR FOOTBALLERS AIN'T CRACKHEADS!

Just kiddin' bro!
'89 Fender Stratocaster MIJ
Vintage Noiseless Trio
Kahler Bridge
Locking Nut
'99 Epiphone Les Paul Standard MIK
DiMarzio Super Distortion (bridge)
Boss ME70
Sennheiser HD 201
depends where in the nation honestly. Anti-illegal sentiment in some parts makes people unfriendly towards any non-english speaking peoples. Most places welcome anyone from latin america
also, you're Brazilian and you speak Portuguese. if you come to america you WILL get women. no exceptions.
Legal immigrants are good. I love those. My family was once German immigrants, who came here legally before WWI. Not so enthusiastic about illegal immigrants...
My biggest issue is their lack of driving skills. Specifically in parallel parking.

EDIT: This is mainly referring to certain ethnicities >.>
MATTERHORN
I'm American, and I'm all for people that want to come here to try and have a better life. However, I have major issues with those who want to come to this country illegally. If I were to go to some countries as an illegal immigrant, I'd be killed were I found. While that approach is wrong, I don't think deportation is. Or at least giving them the option of becoming legal or leaving. There's a civil way to do it...

And I've seen quite a few sexy Latinas I wouldn't mind dating, and by dating I mean screwing, and by screwing, I mean having sexual relations with them....and by that, I mean showing them my pokmanz....
I'M IN THE FIGHT TO CURE CYSTIC FIBROSIS...MY LIFE DEPENDS ON IT!

Quote by JustRooster
I'm a straight man, but I'd put that surfcaster right in my mouth.

Quote by JD2k9
Well, life is like a penis.
Women make it hard.
Also, it's short but seems long when it gets hard.
if you hang out in 7-11 parking lots, people will come up to you ask you to do their yardwork.
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
Quote by NoLaurelTree000
if you hang out in 7-11 parking lots, people will come up to you ask you to do their yardwork.

You must be Mexican. Powerful White Men don't get treated like that.
MATTERHORN
Welcome to America. I have no issues with immigrants. I do have issues with criminals.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by Just_a_picker

And I've seen quite a few sexy Latinas I wouldn't mind dating, and by dating I mean screwing, and by screwing, I mean having sexual relations with them....and by that, I mean showing them my pokmanz....

Quoted for truth.
Gear:
Peavey Millennium 4 BXP
Peavey TNT 115
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Blackstar Ht-1R
I think immigrants are fine. Just if you come in illegally at least attempt to learn English.
Also i think if too many come from their shithole country that they will make our country a shit hole too, thats all.
I smoke like Rasta, got hair like pasta
I be sippin' on them shots then bustin' rhymes like Busta

Load up the bong, crank up the song, let the informa call 911
Quote by laxduck
I love immigrants, America is almost entirely composed of families that were once immigrants. I have major issues with illegal immigrants.

This.
Quote by lolmnt
We're better than Mexico cuz we rule USA USA USA
Shut the border I don't care...I'm already here >__>
#25 for top 100 UGer of 2009
UG's 2nd Funniest UGer and 3rd most likely to be a Serial Killer of 2009, 2nd of 2011
If you can speak English, I've got nothing against you, my friend.

If not, I'm not going to talk to you most likely since I don't know any other languages presently, so we couldn't understand each other, but we're still cool.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 71-73
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 1-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 10-5
Quote by spanishyanez
Shut the border I don't care...I'm already here >__>
I'd be careful with shit like that.
Quote by vanhailin
I think immigrants are fine. Just if you come in illegally at least attempt to learn English.
Also i think if too many come from their shithole country that they will make our country a shit hole too, thats all.

People like you are doing a fine job at that. Want another shovel?
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
i dont get how u guys can like legal immigrants and dislike illilegal ones there the same ppl for the same place hardly anyone that comes here is going to kill/rape/ect. u they just come from a poor family that cant afford the legalization procces so legal/illegal same basic person
illegal immigrants who come to america looking for a steady job to support their families should be helped along the LEGAL immigration process, because more hard-working people in a country is never a bad thing.

illegal immigrants who come to america looking to smuggle drugs and put innocent lives at risk should be deported and bludgeoned with squirrels until they realize the error of their ways.

i dont get how u guys can like legal immigrants and dislike illilegal ones there the same ppl for the same place hardly anyone that comes here is going to kill/rape/ect. u they just come from a poor family that cant afford the legalization procces so legal/illegal same basic person

not necessarily. though it's definitely not ALL the illegal immigrants doing it, Arizona and other Southwestern states are having major problems with illegal drug cartels and rampant street crime by illegal immigrants. the whole "show me your papers" law goes a bit far, imo, but it is true that something should be done to crack down on smugglers.
Last edited by flame843 at Sep 7, 2010,
this is somewhat surprising considering im an immigrant (legal of course). i honestly say people should focus less on the actual immigration problem and more on the whole crime caused by it. after all, not all of us are rampaging idiots.
E-married to BlessedRebel15
Most Attractive Female 2011 ^^
Dark Black Rivers in the WinterTime
Quote by CrunchyRoll
I'm not sure if you're aware of this or not, but everything is against the rules at UG
Quote by manny95er

Legal immigrants pay taxes. Illegal ones not so much.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
@flame843 i agree w/ u 100% thats what i was trying to say but not everyone gets the chance to actually start the legal process
Quote by manny95er

Both of my cousins got into car accidents with illegal immigrants, and in both cases it was the immigrants' fault. I'm not saying they're bad drivers, that part's irrelevant, but neither of them had any insurance. Because these people were breaking all these laws, my cousins lost their asses on repairs and premium increases. If they were legal, they would have had licenses and insurance and there would be no problem.
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
Quote by manny95er
@flame843 i agree w/ u 100% thats what i was trying to say but not everyone gets the chance to actually start the legal process

Everybody has the opportunity to be legal.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
if they did u really think we'd have all these illegal immigrants that are not smugglers/killers/ect. without papers?
Legal immigrants I think are great, because America was founded by immigrants and it's great to have so many cultures in one country. I have issues with illegal immigrants, for a few reasons. It's one thing to want to make life better for yourself, but I live in a region with many, many illegals, and several of them break the law several times, but don't get deported. If you are going to be here, I think you need to abide by the laws. Also, a lot of them suck at driving, which is dangerous. And I know America does not have an official language, but I think they should learn English within 5 years of being here (Teddy Roosevelt said that as well). English may not be the official language, but it is by and far the most spoken, and if they are going to come here to work, they have to be able to communicate, especially in jobs like factories where communication is vital for safety. I don't think we should treat illegals like other countries, but we give them benefits like welfare, healthcare, a job, etc., which could be used for people who are citizens here. We half to think of overpopulation as well

I'm really moderate on immigration, there are bonuses to having it but it needs to be better regulated than it is (and the Arizona law is not the way to do it)
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
Quote by rgrockr
Both of my cousins got into car accidents with illegal immigrants, and in both cases it was the immigrants' fault. I'm not saying they're bad drivers, that part's irrelevant, but neither of them had any insurance. Because these people were breaking all these laws, my cousins lost their asses on repairs and premium increases. If they were legal, they would have had licenses and insurance and there would be no problem.

Its your cousin's fault for having a car.
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
Quote by manny95er
if they did u really think we'd have all these illegal immigrants that are not smugglers/killers/ect. without papers?

Yes.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Quote by damian_91
Its your cousin's fault for having a car.

Unfortunately this is how insurance companies see things.
MATTERHORN
This country was founded on immigrants, and we have done so well by stealing other country's smart/hardworking people. But currently, the US immigration hoops are ****ing retarded, and will only hurt us.

Solution:

-Increase immigration quotas significantly
-increase speed of process

In effect, anyone working in this country should be documented and paying taxes, and the system should be able to accommodate anyone who wants to work in America.
Gear:
Modded Steinberger Spirit (white) (SD-AH/EMG Select)
Modded Steinberger GP-2R (white) (EMG81/60)
Peavey XXL head
Hughes and Kettner Cream Machine
Hughes and Kettner Blues Master
Quote by guylee
Legal=Awesome

Illegal=GTFO

my sentiments exactly.

i think immigrants should at least try and speak english as well.
I use to have a Brazilian roommate. My parents were involved in an exchange student program, and they had him live with me. He was cool as shit.

But nah i don't have a problem with immigrants, as long as they're here legally.
Sail upon the open skies
Immigrants are great as long as they don't immigrate illegally. But I do however have a problem with immigrants constantly demanding changes in our laws and custums to accomodate them after all their countries would never consider accomodating us.
Page 1 of 3