hey guys, im having trouble finding decent interesting songs to learn, any help?

i would say im at least average, can sweep, arpeggiate, bend vibrato all that shit, and ive been trying to learn paul gilbert songs but they end up getting a little too complicated for me. what would be a stepping stone to that?
Look up stuff on youtube and practice Paul's lesson material. Until you can actually learn PGs stuff I'd suggest you look at other, less crazily brilliant, shred artists like Uli Jon Roth.

Sails of Charon would be a pretty ideal track to learn.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Avenged Sevenfold often use sweep picking and they bend all the time. Maybe give one of their songs a try.
Quote by )v(egaFan90
Avenged Sevenfold often use sweep picking and they bend all the time. Maybe give one of their songs a try.

sweepings not a problem at all sorry i shouldve specified. its the stacatto picking, im more of a legato guy, but playing all those notes like that is hard, i need to build up my technique

and sails of charon is siiick, i still gotta build up my chops for that though damn
Last edited by shanethestoner at Sep 8, 2010,
Quote by shanethestoner
hey guys, im having trouble finding decent interesting songs to learn, any help?

i would say im at least average, can sweep, arpeggiate, bend vibrato all that shit, and ive been trying to learn paul gilbert songs but they end up getting a little too complicated for me. what would be a stepping stone to that?

Well. First off, kudos on having samples to listen to. It's really the only way to tell what level someone's at when they're asking for advice. They sound great.

I'd say work on getting Jimi Hendrix solos down. They'll improve your phrasing and articulation...
Quote by jogogonne
Well. First off, kudos on having samples to listen to. It's really the only way to tell what level someone's at when they're asking for advice. They sound great.

I'd say work on getting Jimi Hendrix solos down. They'll improve your phrasing and articulation...

that stuffs a year old but thanks man. i should probably do that, but im also looking for instrumental rock/metal shit thats not as hard as paul gilbert or marty friedman/jason becker, ynwgie all that shit