hey I just started recording songs and I realized I really need to add some lower end to my music, So I'm gonna keep an eye out on craigslist for a bass guitar. Could you tell me please what to look out for as well as what to look for? Now I really don't need anything too fantastic, just something to get me that low end without being too horrible haha

I've seen beginner peaveys and stuff? A peavey foundation for 150.
Will beginner bass amps work well enough?

Budget- $100 (on used equipment!)
Style- 80's rock, three days grace type stuff
other intruments listed below
My stuff Schecter C-1 Classic Trans Blue Schecter Tempest Custom w/ duncan distortion humbuckers
'91 Stratocaster, MIM....

Line Six Flextone II 60 watt amp
Last edited by colt34 at Sep 8, 2010,
if your willing to add $200 to ur budget the epiohone embassy standard is a great choice though i hate to say $100 wont get u anything good
You could get some pretty decent entry-level gear if you up-ed your budget to $200-$300.

As it stands with $100, I'd say look for a Kustom KBA10 for an amp, they should run at about $60 used, give or take. As for a bass, take what you can get with what you have left after you buy an amp. Chance's are good you won't get anything too great, maybe an Affinity Squier, but not much more unfortunately.

Just stay away from Behringer and you should be good.
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
Okay thanks guys! But I've found a mim strat for 100 bucks on craigslist, and a line 6 flextone 2 amp which is at least 600 new. So I'll be willing to wait for something good at a steal. I'll keep an eye out and tell you what I see!
My stuff Schecter C-1 Classic Trans Blue Schecter Tempest Custom w/ duncan distortion humbuckers
'91 Stratocaster, MIM....

Line Six Flextone II 60 watt amp
Last edited by colt34 at Sep 8, 2010,
Quote by colt34
Okay thanks guys! But I've found a mim strat for 100 bucks on craigslist, and a line 6 flextone 2 amp which is at least 600 new. So I'll be willing to wait for something good at a steal. I'll keep an eye out and tell you what I see!

As a general rule, Ibanez is always good.