I'm under a tight budget in order to save up for my next guitar, but this is a must first.

I'm looking for an amp with good cleans and real nice tube break up, that's very important.

It would be cool for it to feature an option to switch to low wattage,and generally all under 50w.

2 channels would be cool but not needed.

I play funk, blues, and hendrix at the moment.
Last edited by Funk Monk at Sep 8, 2010,
i cant thinf of any atm cause im a lil drunk but i like how you consider hendrix a genre a music
How bout a Blues Jr.?or maybe a Vox AC15
My Sound Makers
ESP Eclipse II
Epi Les Paul Studio
Fender Blues Jr.
Last edited by Its HypnoToad at Sep 8, 2010,
Quote by supersac
i cant thinf of any atm cause im a lil drunk but i like how you consider hendrix a genre a music

Because he is an area of study that can be considered something of interest when choosing a new amp.
Quote by Funk Monk
Because he is an area of study that can be considered something of interest when choosing a new amp.

yeah and that is awesome
Quote by Its HypnoToad
How bout a Blues Jr.?or maybe a Vox AC15

the only ac15 I could afford is the ac15vr

Blues jr. is a good suggestion, though I'm not sure if I will truly utilize the fat switch much.
I really like mine,even though I dont do any blues........lol
My Sound Makers
ESP Eclipse II
Epi Les Paul Studio
Fender Blues Jr.
Quote by Its HypnoToad
I really like mine,even though I dont do any blues........lol

what is it that you like?

EDIT: saw your sig.

How does the FAT switch color the tone? Is it similar to the BOLD switch of other tube amps?
Last edited by Funk Monk at Sep 8, 2010,
Quote by Funk Monk
what is it that you like?

play lots of different stuff,everything from Brand New to Marilyn Manson.

Edit: It sounds fine,I dont mess with it to much.....just seems to give a fatter sound and better lowend.
My Sound Makers
ESP Eclipse II
Epi Les Paul Studio
Fender Blues Jr.
Last edited by Its HypnoToad at Sep 8, 2010,
I was about to second the Handsome Devil actually, they're Marshally amps so it sounds perfect. I'd also recommend you check out the Egnater Tweaker, Jet City JCA20 and Epiphone Valve Senior.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Blackstar HT-5

J/K
A Peavey Classic 30 would be great, or the Traynor forsaknazrael recommended.
Quote by Flying Couch
Peavey Classic 30?

Also, your username is groovy as hell.

Groovy name for a guy that love to groove

But with all seriousness: Peavey Classic 30 vs. The Handsome Devil makes me lean towards the blackheart to be honest. It's tone just seems more appealing to what I want to do. Any perks to the Classic 30 over the H.D.?

Does either the traynor or the Egnater have a pentode or triode switch? I really like this feature on the blackheart, which can really allow some personal grit and color.
i like it, others don't. i think the stock preamp tubes suck.

check out that vht i linked. that's a hella amp for $325 imo.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Peavey XXX....
Quote by gregs1020
i like it, others don't. i think the stock preamp tubes suck.

check out that vht i linked. that's a hella amp for $325 imo.

Pft, that guy is in newhall, I highly doubt he would drive out to the inland empire.
I went to my G.C. today and the guy there claimed they stopped carrying Blackheart Amps

Now i'm kinda sad because i really wanted that "new amp" feeling for a little practice amp. I could always order online but it just isn't the same.
JCA20 is under $500 is it not? Maybe look at that.
We've dressed up in our best...

...and are prepared to go down like gentlemen.

Quote by bogg808
The PBT is for those too TGP for the rest of UG.

Quote by Funk Monk
So then the tweaker's drive channel is tasty as hell?

No. It sounds like your seeking a natural, tube sounding amp to me. The dynamics on that egnater are just not there, it made me appreciate my peavey classic so much more.

It is compressed and the hot channel has almost no presence, no matter how high you turn the treble/mids. It has a decent amount of gain but most of it is not usuable, the clean channel is all i found on this amp that was usable, and that was just okay.

You can do infinitely better than an Egnater Tweaker for the money IMO.