I want to take you back to a time long, long ago... 2007.

Perhaps some of you remember, many of you likely do not. This was a time when metal was the ONLY good music in existence, rap wasn't real music, nobody used proper grammar, and UG was essentially the dumping ground for old overused memes from 4chan. "I cum blood", the forbidden pear and Pokemon references could be found in nearly every post on these boards.

Look at our forum now. Far fewer memes, there is other cool music besides metal, rap isn't half-bad, Lady GaGa is acceptable, and people type in full sentences with proper punctuation!

Is this a sign of our members on this site growing up? Could it be that the 13 and 14 year olds of yesteryear have been replaced by matured adults 18 and older?

Has The Pit, against all odds, grown up?

Discuss.

EDIT: Oh, and inb4 "Nah."
WILDCARD, BITCHES!!

Call me Patrick! My username sucks anyway
Last edited by zippidyduda at Sep 8, 2010,
Maybe the people that are barely joining are not as young? I'm 18 if that matters.
Quote by lolmnt
We're better than Mexico cuz we rule USA USA USA
Quote by St Pedr0
I dunno...the number of pokemon and 4chan memes is still quite prevalent.

Not as bad as it was, I remember a time when almost every post had a meme in it
WILDCARD, BITCHES!!

IM NOT LISTENING IM NOT LISTENING LI LI LI LI LI LI LI LI LA LA LA

jk yeah the pit has grown up a lot.
Quote by KTFM
Dammit, Snorlax! This is why we can't have nice things!!

Quote by Xiaoxi
AWWWWWWWWW FUCK NAW!!!!!!!

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Team_Snorlax
IM NOT LISTENING IM NOT LISTENING LI LI LI LI LI LI LI LI LA LA LA

jk yeah the pit has grown up a lot.

What a contradictory post.
There's a special sex move I do called the Charizard.
It's where you light the girls pubes, then put it out with your cum and run around the room flapping your arms screaming, "You don't have enough badges to train me!"
Rap sucks and so does Lady Gaga. But im 16 so what do I know.
Originally Posted by neopowell
I'm perfectly capable of rating my own poo, I don't need a website to help me. I've devised strict criteria based on texture, smell, ease of passing and numerous other factors. It's even colour-coded.

ಠ_ಠ
The pit has certainy matured, I've been using this site for a few years but only made an account last year when I actually needed some advice.
I agree, it's been getting better each year in terms of what you listed
I know what you mean, back when I joined in 2007 every topic that could be answered with "I cum blood" was answered with"I cum blood" by the first 10 posters. It was funny the first 1,000 times.
Quote by metalmouth22
Im not epileptic you ****.
I think that it's a mixture of that and good work from the mods. I disagreed with stuff like banning the pear and icyhot, but it appears to have worked wonders with helping get rid of stupid memes.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Yeah, it's changed a bit. There's still a fair number of ridiculously moronic people here. But it has changed. I think it's just the day and age we live in though, more than people actually maturing.

Boy, I remember lurking back in '02 before I had an account. It was pretty strange. That's what made me join up, though. It was funny and entertaining back then. Nowadays I'm lucky if I find a new thread/idea that gets me.

I guess that's what I get being a semi-Elder of the Pit. Seen most of the worst of the 'Netz. Nothing shocks me anymore
What? It's like the exact opposite of what you said is what actually went down.
Catch me,
heal me,
Lift me back up to the Sun
I choose to live
I should change that to 2007, if I remember right, that's when the forum went to shit.
WILDCARD, BITCHES!!

I joined in 2008 and I was 14 at the time. I always thought the Pit stayed the same..
R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio. Supplied amazing music to both me and my mother.

He will be missed.
Quote by zippidyduda
I should change that to 2007, if I remember right, that's when the forum went to shit.

True, but it throws the theory about literally growing up out, 3 years isn't long enough for a small internet community to transcend adolescent behavior, I think there's other factors we're missing, mods perhaps? the Internet in general?
I only really started posting in about 2008 or so, but I'd say there is less memes and stuff flying around every thread.
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.
i think its just the people who still post here have matured aswell as most people joined at 13-14 back then are now 17+ and also i think its more regulated now as there are alot more admins, i remember when it would be lucky to have over 100 people in the pit.
There weren't that many memes back in 2005, but yes 2007 is when I felt the Pit really started to suck.
Catch me,
heal me,
Lift me back up to the Sun
I choose to live
The pear was really more of an 08 thing.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
I cum blood is here to stay, I've noticed some change since even 08 but I'm trying to keep it like 08, hahaha.
hide your kids, hide your wife.

Quote by angus_young_32
I'd rather kill myself than commit suicide.

UG Hatecrew FTW