Why the hell are so many people on UG so amazed by Schecters? The prices are ridiculous for guitars that are made in korea and imo you could get alot better quality for your money, regularly what? 1k for their top of the range, which are still produced in korea?

Somebody enlighten me, because I really don't see what all the fuss is about.
Jackson DXMG 2002
Jackson JS30RR 2006
Rockteck 30Watt Combo
Marshall MC212
Dunlop Crybaby-GCB95
Boss Metalcore ML2

Quote by Skagasm
just think......bc rich+nice ring=happy girl

no ring+gibson es-335= no bitch and an awesome guitar.
Quote by Alkaline 64
Whats wrong with Korean guitar manufacturers?

Well it's not that there is anything wrong with Korean manufacturers in general, it's when you get to that price range you can get much better on the market, I see "I want to play brutal death metal" and the majority of the posters are like "You want a Schecter" I just don't see the hype in them, for that same price you could pick up a used USA Jackson or a used ESP, they just don't really appeal to me I guess.
Jackson DXMG 2002
Jackson JS30RR 2006
Rockteck 30Watt Combo
Marshall MC212
Dunlop Crybaby-GCB95
Boss Metalcore ML2

Quote by Skagasm

I agree, for the money you can get a far superior Jackson or ESP/LTD, but some people prefer the Schecters and to each their own really.
I prefer Schecter for ESP/LTD and Jackson,
think Schecter is way better, In sound, and its easyer to play on
But every1 got a favourit brand :P
Any ESP Edwards off eBay in the same price range is better than any Schecter, any day.
Don't buy Guitar Hero.
Buy Guitar Pro.

My Gear: (That I actually use)

ESP Edwards E-CY-165 CTM
Vox Saturator
Vox AD50VT
Vox Tonelab LE
Jim Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
I'm not a fan of Schecter whatsoever, I hate the way they feel.

But to answer your question, the reason they're so popular is because of the amount of features you get for the price you pay. You could get an MIJ or MIA guitar for the price of a Schecter MIK, but chances are that that Schecter is going to have an assload more features and trimmings on it.

A Schecter Hellraiser is about the same price as a Gibson LP Studio, but (especially if you're into playing modern metal) the Hellraiser shits all over the Les Paul in terms of features and aesthetics.

So you just kind of pick what appeals to you more: better functionality, or an MIA stamp. Out of the two, I would personally get a Hellraiser over an LP Studio, because it's just a lot more guitar for the price.

Though I hate Schecters and Gibsons, so just trying to be unbiased.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
You get a bit of bang for your buck. I got my schecter c-1 classic for 500$, Seymore Duncan pickups *I believe Jazz and '59" quilted maple top, 24 frets, vine of line inlay, locking tuners and tune o matic bridge. Along with a solid mahogany body, it has great sound, great versatility and for 500$, its hard to find a guitar like that. Schecters also offer coil tapping on almost all of their standard models. They have great designs and looks for them, good pickups in my opinion, especially their SD combos. They're balanced in weight, which is important to me. And the neck isnt ultra thin, which I like. Its all preference though I just like schecters more than I could ESP's and Jacksons.
Schecter C-1 Classic in Seethru blue <333
Schecter Damien FR
Roland AC-60 acoustic amp
Boss GE-7 EQ
Line6 Ubermetal Distortion
Sigma Dx Acoustic
because you CANNOT get a good MIJ or MIA guitar for the same price as a Schecter.
A Schecter C-7 Blackjack ATX or C-7 Hellraiser costs 850$. The only Ibanez 7 stringer which offers it competition is the RGD2127 and similar models which cost 1500$. Nearly twice as much.
So for the price you pay, you get a LOT out of the guitar. ESP's again cost more than 1500$ while LTD Deluxe Series cost the same as the Schecters but its a matter of preference at that point. And I prefer Schecters over any other brand.
Quote by Aditya_ram
because you CANNOT get a good MIJ or MIA guitar for the same price as a Schecter.
A Schecter C-7 Blackjack ATX or C-7 Hellraiser costs 850$. The only Ibanez 7 stringer which offers it competition is the RGD2127 and similar models which cost 1500$. Nearly twice as much.
So for the price you pay, you get a LOT out of the guitar. ESP's again cost more than 1500$ while LTD Deluxe Series cost the same as the Schecters but its a matter of preference at that point. And I prefer Schecters over any other brand.

Rg1527? its 1250

and of course,it is going to be of better quality..just so you know
RG1527 still costs 400$ more. which is quite a lot.
and it doesn't come with as many features. I mean, the Schecter's have Set Necks, Mahogany bodies and great pickups like Blackouts. The Ibanez's are great guitars too though.
Quote by Aditya_ram

If that's prices for your country then sucks to be you! MIA Fenders are as cheap as the Schecters upon retail and also Jackson MIJs for less than that aswell, If I had the money for a Schecter I'd probably get off my ass, walk to the guitar shop and buy a Jackson KV5FR or an LTD Horizon, infact I could also afford to put in a new set of EMGs along with that and at that point would it be anywhere near the price of the top of the line schecter and this is Jacksons top of the line MIJ.

One last thing, I said used ESPs which is true, I have seen near perfect used ESPs and US Jacksons go for that much the other day, A Jackson SL2H went for £770, that's pretty much the same price as a new Schecter C-1 Blackjack.
Jackson DXMG 2002
Jackson JS30RR 2006
Rockteck 30Watt Combo
Marshall MC212
Dunlop Crybaby-GCB95
Boss Metalcore ML2

Quote by Skagasm

Last edited by Mazz211 at Sep 8, 2010,
Quote by Aditya_ram
RG1527 still costs 400$ more. which is quite a lot.
and it doesn't come with as many features. I mean, the Schecter's have Set Necks, Mahogany bodies and great pickups like Blackouts. The Ibanez's are great guitars too though.

yeah you got a point

To TS.pointless thread is pointless..
The prices are ridiculous for guitars that are made in korea and imo you could get alot better quality for your money, regularly what? 1k for their top of the range, which are still produced in korea?

Despite what the Gibson obsessives would have you believe the quality of the high-end Schecters is excellent. And because Schecter revamps much of its lineup every year there are always last year’s models on clearance sales so people are getting some really great deals on Schecter.
To be honest its like Agile, Good in america but sucks everywhere else (price wise)

Schecters over here (UK) are stupidly expensive last time I looked and hard to find which drives the price up more when my friend got his tempest custom he imported for around £450 they sell at a RRP here now around £600. Another example, Schecter Hellraiser C-1.

US price $749 (£485)
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Schecter-Guitar-Research-Hellraiser-C1-Electric-Guitar?sku=484197

UK price £749 ($1,156)
http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/84029
Quote by archenemyfan
yeah you got a point

To TS.pointless thread is pointless..

Pointless thread is not pointless, I'm asking why the hell everybody chums them so much when there's alot better on the market for a similar price.
Jackson DXMG 2002
Jackson JS30RR 2006
Rockteck 30Watt Combo
Marshall MC212
Dunlop Crybaby-GCB95
Boss Metalcore ML2

Quote by Skagasm

Exactly, it's just that they're overpriced outside of America.

I completely understand why Americans like Schecter and Agile so much. They're very good quality for the price point and there's not really much else that can compete. However, outside of America Schecters cost a small fortune and Agile either aren't available or if they are, cost close to twice what they do in America because of the price of importing.

As an example, right now I could march into town, hand over £900 and get a Schecter Hellraiser. Or I could spend that same £900 on a MIA Gibson SG Special, I could go online and buy a Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster or Telecaster, or if I went second hand I could buy a MIJ ESP Horizion. Hell if I'm happy with MIK quality (which I am, I've got two of them), the LTD Deluxe range are cheaper than the top Schecters but are the same quality (with some arguably better parts), older Epiphones were the same quality and can be found second hand for around £500, or I could get in touch with TC Ellis and have them put a guitar together of the same quality but to my specific spec for less than the Schecter would cost.

This is why people need to pay more attention to where different users are from on here. I see way too many threads where someone outside of America asks for guitar suggestions and is given nothing but links to American websites. Funny how you don't see it go the other way around. Pay attention, people, because what is affordable in America is invariably very expensive elsewhere and vice-versa.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.