Page 1 of 2
Searchbar'd and found nothing so..

Irony.
Fun to point out and acknowledge it's existence.

What everyday things do you find ironic Pit?

I once played Cluedo, and the person died in the living room. Found that pretty ironic.
Thread title made me think of

also

Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
You played Clue in the living room and the game character died there? Or your friend actually died while playing the game? What?
I find it ironic that 3-day weekends which are designated "homework free" are usually when I get 3 essays and a project/presentation due Monday.

and ^
cat
It's ironic that most people don't know the proper meaning of Ironic.

Like actually.
RIP Tom Searle.
Quote by Dan_5893
Searchbar'd and found nothing so..

Irony.
Fun to point out and acknowledge it's existence.

What everyday things do you find ironic Pit?

I once played Cluedo, and the person died in the living room. Found that pretty ironic.

Is this supposed to be America's understanding of Irony? If so, Kudos.
You Dont Know Me

I have 10 Anarchy Points - I also have 8 Mythology points!

Peavey Generation EXP Custom White
Yamaha 120S Black
Korg AX5G
Digitech Whammy
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Boss OS2

Quote by mrfinkle213
This man has brains.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Banned for indirect reference.
Sweet death is ironic.
Quote by Gabel
You are EXTREMELY WRONG! I have played it. I own an 18W and it would be an awful stereo amp, it's way too bright, breaks up too easily and so on. Secondly, why would a guitar store sell an hifi amp.
My friend Caveman broke his ankle skateboarding. He was standing at the top of the miniramp on crutches a couple of weeks later, dropped one of the crutches into the miniramp by accident, and my other friend who was skating it fell over it and twisted his own ankle. I found that pretty ironic
Quote by nigeltheginger
My friend Caveman broke his ankle skateboarding. He was standing at the top of the miniramp on crutches a couple of weeks later, dropped one of the crutches into the miniramp by accident, and my other friend who was skating it fell over it and twisted his own ankle. I found that pretty ironic

I am confused. Wouldn't that mean the crutch was healing his injured ankle? If it caused the injury to the other person? It would be more ironic if the second guys ankle was injured by running into the first guys ankle.
Quote by Gabel
You are EXTREMELY WRONG! I have played it. I own an 18W and it would be an awful stereo amp, it's way too bright, breaks up too easily and so on. Secondly, why would a guitar store sell an hifi amp.
In the same way that TS understands irony, I find Sundays ironic. Because they're part of the weekend, but taken as the first day of the week.
What's ironic is that Alanis Morrisette's song, "Ironic", presents no ironic situations at all.

I think that's on that above wiki page somewhere.
Quote by ripple07
I am confused. Wouldn't that mean the crutch was healing his injured ankle? If it caused the injury to the other person? It would be more ironic if the second guys ankle was injured by running into the first guys ankle.

the second guy's ankle was injured by the very thing that was meant to be helping the first guy's ankle. I therefore considered it ironic
Quote by nigeltheginger

another one bites the dust.
hide your kids, hide your wife.

Quote by angus_young_32
I'd rather kill myself than commit suicide.

UG Hatecrew FTW
Quote by tyler_j
What's ironic is that Alanis Morrisette's song, "Ironic", presents no ironic situations at all.

what if that is the reason she named it that? Than it wouldnt be ironic
Quote by Gabel
I suppose it could be ironic that all the fans of Irony are infact, misinterpreting it's meaning and those that understand don't care for it very much.
On playing the Paul Gilbert signature at the guitar store extensively, my missus sighed:
"Put it down now, It's like you love that guitar more than me!"
In Which I replied.
"Well it has got two F-Holes!"
Quote by Dan_5893
Yeah I'm going with the American version.

The picture on that wikipedia page is great.

Then call it American Irony, because the British Version is far superior and refuses to be 'lopped' in with your version!
You Dont Know Me

Yamaha 120S Black
Korg AX5G
Digitech Whammy
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Boss OS2

Quote by mrfinkle213
This man has brains.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Quote by ripple07
what if that is the reason she named it that? Than it wouldnt be ironic

Mind. Blown.
Quote by Anthony1991
Then call it American Irony, because the British Version is far superior and refuses to be 'lopped' in with your version!

I am British, from Brummingham mate.

But most of the pit ain't
Quote by Dan_5893
I am British, from Brummingham mate.

But most of the pit ain't

Screw the pit

It's actually what most would want.
You Dont Know Me

Yamaha 120S Black
Korg AX5G
Digitech Whammy
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Boss OS2

Quote by mrfinkle213
This man has brains.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Me and my sister discuss irony weekly, mainly because we hear it used in the wrong way all the time.

"Dude, it's so ironic that we ran into each other, I was just talking about you"

No, it's a coincidence.

Quote by tyler_j

I think there's only ONE ironic instance in that song.

"It's a no-smoking sign on your cigarette break"

Wouldn't that be a bit ironic? I don't know.
Last edited by Ignite at Sep 8, 2010,
Quote by Ignite
Me and my sister discuss irony weekly, mainly because we hear it used in the wrong way all the time.

"Dude, it's so ironic that we ran into each other, I was just talking about you"

No, it's a coincidence.

Ironically, there is no such thing.
Quote by Gabel
Quote by Dan_5893
No,
It's a conspiracy MAN!

(Invalid img)
You Dont Know Me

Yamaha 120S Black
Korg AX5G
Digitech Whammy
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Boss OS2

Quote by mrfinkle213
This man has brains.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Quote by Ignite
say wah?

Can a coincidence occur? I think not.
Quote by Gabel
Quote by Ignite
I don't know

I always thought a coincidence was when something uncanny though related to something recent happens.

What makes it uncany? Wouldnt everything be a coincidence, technically? how ironic?!?
Quote by Gabel
Is it irony that the vast majority of people that complain about others being dicks, are the very reasons they feel the need to be so in the first place?
Quote by SkepsisMetal
In the same way that TS understands irony, I find Sundays ironic. Because they're part of the weekend, but taken as the first day of the week.

You've never been in any other part of the world, have you?
In most parts of Europe, the week starts with Monday, which makes the term "week-end" perfectly applicable.

There's another reason though, why Sundays are ironic. They usually don't include sunshine.
Oh, and while talking about the days' names, I find it ironic that they're still named after the old gods (mostly norse ones) even though the christianic tradition has removed most other stuff:
- Moon (old rome's goddess Luna -> lundi (french));
- Tyr;
- Wodan/Odin (same guy, different names);
- Thor;
- Freyja;
- Saturnus (from rome) or Lögr (meaning "Water" in old Norse... the day you wash yourself ^^);
- Sun (which was a god in most old beliefs).
Quote by Dan_5893
No,
It's a conspiracy MAN!

No, it's Comic Sans!

On topic: Don't really know a lot of situations that would be.
kthxbai.
*reads entire thread, minus the last 3 or 4 posts*

Screw this thread, I'm going home...
This will start a RIOT! in me
Quote by 3-R4Z0R
- Moon (old rome's goddess Luna -> lundi (french));
- Tyr;
- Wodan/Odin (same guy, different names);
- Thor;
- Freyja;
- Saturnus (from rome) or Lögr (meaning "Water" in old Norse... the day you wash yourself ^^);
- Sun (which was a god in most old beliefs).

That's awesome.

I knew that Thursday was based on Thor but I didn't know about the rest.
Months are all based off the roman Emperors too, up until September.

Sept -> 7 (there were only 10 months in the roman calendar)
Oct -> 8
Nov -> 9
Dec -> 10

March was named after Mars (God of war)

Rest of em are named after emperors as far as I remember
Page 1 of 2