Poll: Which Wah
Poll Options
View poll results: Which Wah
Tremonti Wah
9 56%
Wylde Wah
7 44%
Voters: 16.
hey guys, i just want some of your thoughts and experience with the wah pedals i just mentioned....I've been thinkin bout these two wahs, the tremonti wah and the wylde wah....

So yeah, it'll be a big help if ya guys can give ur opinions....i'll test them both in the end to factor into my decision...

I got one major question though, how do these wahs handle heavy distortion, and hows the sweep of these wahs??
"Well, yeah, sometimes I get a little too creative."
~Bruce Dickinson~

-------------------------
"Various equipments"
Doesnt need to be that versatile for me, i'm lookin for something specific....definitely more towards the heavier stuff....but if versatility comes with it, hey thats a good plus point....

I've never tested the dimebag one yet...thnx...
~Bruce Dickinson~

"Various equipments"
Thnx for the votes guys....
~Bruce Dickinson~

"Various equipments"
I like the Wylde, simple and to the point. I don't use a wah for anything other than ripping out (cheesy) drenched solo's.

Guitars:
Charvel USA San Dimas | Jackson Matt Tuck Rhoads | Jackson DK2M Dinky | Epiphone Les Paul Custom Midnight | Fender MIM Sunburst Tele

Amp:
Jet City JCA100HDM | Framus CS 2x12
I too would go for the Wylde Wah.

Quote by fenderstrat6485
If you're going for metal, neither...Dimebag.

Ignore this idiot. The Wylde is perfect for metal. Though there are many other wahs that could handle high gain too and also provide you with a good sweep such as the morley bad horsie 2.
My Gear

Ibanez J Custom RG8570Z-BX - BKP Warpigs
ESP Eclipse II Full Thickness - BKP Nailbombs
Fender Mexican Strat - BKP Trilogy Suites.

Axe FX II - Matrix GT1000FX - Rocktron All Access.

Stinnett M7 in the works
i would go for the Wylde Wah or Bad Horsie 2 (i use this)
Quote by fenderstrat6485
If you're going for metal, neither...Dimebag.

I hate how companies try to use Dimebag's name as an advantage to get more sales. I know Dimebag is one of the best metal guitarists but COME ON!!!
Had both...sold both. Out of the two, I liked the Wylde wah the best.

I've got a 535Q on my board now (the same as the dime wah, minus the paintjob, LED, and extra jack)...I kept it because of the versatility. But if you're looking for metal...both of these wahs would work great. I liked the sweep of the Wylde wah best.

EDIT:
^ at least the dime wah was made before his death and he actually used it...some artists don't even use their signature gear...and some stuff with Dime's name on it he had nothing to do with...let alone play.
Last edited by eyebanez333 at Sep 8, 2010,
Dime may have been a good guitarist. But his tone was god ****ing awful.

I have used a few wahs to be honest and the 535Q is also a great suggestion. The fulltone clyde deluxe is the best wah I have used but it doesn't suit my rig right now.

Going to use the modelled wah on my prophesy when I can.
My Gear

Ibanez J Custom RG8570Z-BX - BKP Warpigs
ESP Eclipse II Full Thickness - BKP Nailbombs
Fender Mexican Strat - BKP Trilogy Suites.

Axe FX II - Matrix GT1000FX - Rocktron All Access.

Stinnett M7 in the works
Awesomeness....thnx guys....now i just gotta sit down and give these wahs a test run.....
~Bruce Dickinson~

"Various equipments"
Both are meh IMO. Go try out a bunch and see which you like best. If you can get your hands on the MXR/CAE wah, you'll probably like it better than 90% of other options for high gain. The Wylde wah is just a GCB-95 in a different case. Some do have a different inductor but not all. I'm not a big fan of optical wahs but you may be so try the Tremonti out if you can.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
zakk's defiantly.
probably my favorite wah behind hamett's