Page 1 of 2
I just got back from a gig (Bullet for my Valentine, Bring me the horizon and Cancer bats) and my ears are ringing insanely. I've never experienced it this loud before. -_-

Whats the longest it's taken your ears to return to normal after a gig?
Quote by SlackerBabbath
My ideal woman would be a grossly overweight woman who would happy go jogging, come home all sweaty and let me put my dick under her armpit while she shuffles a pack of cards.

Stay classy, pit.
Over 9000 (minutes)

Dunno after a nights sleep possibly a day
Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
I was at this Dimebag Darrell tribute show and it took 2 days to get my hearing back completely after the gig. Well worth it tho, it was awesome show
12 hours.
hide your kids, hide your wife.

Quote by angus_young_32
I'd rather kill myself than commit suicide.

UG Hatecrew FTW
6 times but they got the hint when I didn't ring them back.
Check out my Tumblr
Quote by Victory2134
The world seemed like a better place when I didn't know what racism, genocide, and the internet was.
After 3 insane days at the graspop metal meeting, my ears rang for 1 week...
i had band practice yesterday(roughly 12 hours ago) and mine are ringing right now.

for some reason my left ear always rings more...
about a week after slayer in '08, my ears have never been the same again, since then ive always put earplugs in before/during a gig. may look "dorky" but i'd rather keep my hearing
Quote by rgrockr
You can buy whatever guitar you want, you don't have to be at a certain skill level to buy one. This is real life, not some guitar-playing RPG where you have to unlock new guitars.
Always use earplugs. Sometimes take it out because it's not loud enough... During a Rammstein concert I took them out and didn't ring at all afterwards. I have long hair as well, so no one can see me using them.

Can't remember my longest ring. It's always dissappeared after sleeps. ^___^
C4C
Please check out some of my original music and leave me a comment @ SoundCloud
(or in my profile!)

Progressive|Thrash|Math|Metal
2 weeks after the fall of troy's last show, that was unnaturally loud haha
Gibson Les Paul Studio Deluxe/Ibanez RGA42/LTD EC401vf
Into:
Whammy IV>Pitchblack>Dunlop 536Q>Fulltone Fulldrive 2>Hardwire TL-2>MXR 10 Band>Line 6 M13
Into:
80s Carvin x100b w/ cab
3 hours..
Gear pics

Quote by Cathbard
Bugera cloning Blackstar is a scandal cloaked in a tragedy making love to a nightmare.

4 Days after John Paul Jones and Dave Grohl ripped my face off with TCV in Toronto...
3 Days after the Dead Weather show in a small club... WAY to loud but I couldn't leave... DAMN YOU MR WHITE!!!
Uncle aciD

&

The deadbeatS

Do What Your Love Tells You
Quote by N_J_B_B
I just got back from a gig (Bullet for my Valentine, Bring me the horizon and Cancer bats) and my ears are ringing insanely. I've never experienced it this loud before. -_-

Whats the longest it's taken your ears to return to normal after a gig?

This is off topic, but how were BMTH? I was contemplating on going to their Sydney show before I found out they ran out of tickets . Did they play It Never Ends?

The longest mine have ever rang was after The Amity Affliction, massive speakers, small venue, roughly 3 days. Wasn't too bad though, must I admit.
ESP Horizon NT-II
Schecter Hellraiser C-1
Peavey 6505
Orange PPC412
Maxon OD808
ISP Decimator G-String
Boss TU3
Mine didn't stop ringing after an airbourne gig which was like 2 years ago. It probably didn't start there but it was only after that that I noticed the ringing was still there weeks later.

Tinnitus currently isn't that bad but it can only really get worse.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by CreepingDeath13
its usually gone by the next morning

Yeah same but it's annoying as hell trying to sleep with the ringing.
Too Many Religious People And Not Enough Lions
Constantly.

I'd say it's been going on about 5 years now.

It was hard to cope with for the first few weeks/months. I actually thought it would go away. Then I realized I had tinnitus.

All it took was some drunk guys rocking out of a 15 watt SS guitar amp and drums at a party. Though, I had prior damage from tons of shows before. But that was when they started ringing again and never stopped.

I've forgotten what silence sounds like
Last edited by Ignite at Sep 8, 2010,
If the sound technician knows what he's doing then you ain't gonna need any earplugs and you will have no ringing in your ears after the concert. I had no ringing after seeing the best concert I've seen in my life so far, which was at Koko, in London and Adagio, Leaves' Eyes and Kamelot were playing!
"Fly with me forever high
And with these wings
We'll set the world on fire
Fly with me through scorching skies
You and I - The lie of lies"

-Symphony X
Quote by guitarxo
4 or 5 days from an Exodus concert. I was right against the speaker though.

Exodus are here this month! You going?
I own an Ibanez J-Custom

I am Guitarnoob_100. Say hey

PSN: Whiski_Guy
Xbox Live: Chris2194

Steam: Galiathslay
2 days after BTBAM/Opeth/Dream Theater. Never had ear ringing since. Been smart.
Well, there was this one time I rented my ears out to a ladder company. Spanned about 10 inches.
Quote by Gabel
You are EXTREMELY WRONG! I have played it. I own an 18W and it would be an awful stereo amp, it's way too bright, breaks up too easily and so on. Secondly, why would a guitar store sell an hifi amp.
Quote by Mopy
This is off topic, but how were BMTH? I was contemplating on going to their Sydney show before I found out they ran out of tickets . Did they play It Never Ends?

The longest mine have ever rang was after The Amity Affliction, massive speakers, small venue, roughly 3 days. Wasn't too bad though, must I admit.

Dude they were awesome! I think they were a lot better than Bullet, but i'm biased cos I love them. xD They didn't play it never ends though. I've seen them 3 times and they still haven't played Black and Blue!
Quote by SlackerBabbath
My ideal woman would be a grossly overweight woman who would happy go jogging, come home all sweaty and let me put my dick under her armpit while she shuffles a pack of cards.

Stay classy, pit.
Quote by Ignite
Constantly.

I'd say it's been going on about 5 years now.

It was hard to cope with for the first few weeks/months. I actually thought it would go away. Then I realized I had tinnitus.

All it took was some drunk guys rocking out of a 15 watt SS guitar amp and drums at a party. Though, I had prior damage from tons of shows before. But that was when they started ringing again and never stopped.

I've forgotten what silence sounds like

Yeah I've had tinnitus for about a year now. I had heaps of previous damage from when I was younger and went to heaps of shows without earplugs. One day I jam with my band and I stood right next to the drumkit (room was small and cramped as hell) and after that my ears never stopped ringing.

I would kill just to hear sweet silence again.
i think i might go pick up some ear plugs before Metallica concert and so i can crank my tube amp in my room with out my ears ringing for hours afterwards. i really dont want to go deaf.
Quote by N_J_B_B
I just got back from a gig (Bullet for my Valentine, Bring me the horizon and Cancer bats) and my ears are ringing insanely.

Your ears are probably ringing from intaking so much noise from such crappy bands.
Quote by sXe170
Your ears are probably ringing from intaking so much noise from such crappy bands.

No trolling.
Quote by SlackerBabbath

Stay classy, pit.
2 days after Maiden bizarrely. I've been to Metallica, Megadeth, Maiden, Priest and a load of local bands before that show, but that was the only show that my ears have rung for more than an hour after a show.

Just wondering, would it have anything to do with standing near the back? At the other concerts that i mentioned i was always in the 1st couple of rows, but at that Maiden gig i was near the back
Schecter Hellraiser Solo 6
Ibanez RGR321EX
Roland Microcube

RIP Dio _\m/

"There are times in your life when you have to ask yourself the question "What would Charlie Sheen do?""

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.
Quote by N_J_B_B
No trolling.

Oops, I forgot I'm not in the Pi......oh wait nevermind.
3/4 days.
It was nasty, couldn't hear very well during that time either.
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

a full week after Megadeth/JFAC/Evile in 07, but we were stood right infront of JLO's Bass stack
Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds.
Quote by Lemoninfluence
Mine didn't stop ringing after an airbourne gig which was like 2 years ago. It probably didn't start there but it was only after that that I noticed the ringing was still there weeks later.

Tinnitus currently isn't that bad but it can only really get worse.

Wasn't from a concert, just years of abuse I guess but I'm in a similar situation. Don't usually notice it but whenever it's quiet I hear it (sucks when trying to sleep, as that's usually when I notice it the most). Could be much worse and I keep appropriate volumes/hearing protection depending on the situation to prevent it from getting worse.

EDIT: Any of you others with tinnitus, do you guys get the thing where the ringing changes pitch and it's extremely worse than usual for a few minutes? It's wierd but sometimes I'll hear the ringing, then all of a sudden it'll switch like 2 octaves and ring to the point it's slightly painful... Watch after your ears kids... you won't truly appreciate silence until you can't hear it any more.
Last edited by rjdusa at Sep 8, 2010,
Page 1 of 2