Hey,
I'm learning a song that has a F#minor7 in it and I can't find out how to play it, no tab site has it listed. Does anyone know how to play it? Thankyou!!
Quote by Dream Floyd
Bar the 2nd fret, and play the 4th fret of the A string...

Like this;

And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud
Including the fifth makes it sound muddy imo.
C4C
Please check out some of my original music and leave me a comment @ SoundCloud
(or in my profile!)

Progressive|Thrash|Math|Metal
The shapes suggested above are correct, but there are several ways to play the chord. I suggest learning more than one chord shape in order to figure out which one works better with what you're playing. Learning how to build chords is an even better approach.
look at what chord you have come from and what position that was in to work out the best voicing for the chord
Quote by BlisteringDDj
Including the fifth makes it sound muddy imo.

+1
Quote by BlitzkriegAir
1. Get drunk
2. play pentatonic scales fast
3. throw in some divebombs and pinch harmonics
4. Get killed onstage
5. become legendary guitarist instantaneously

Quote by Holy Katana

How dare you attack the greatness of the augmented sixth?
Quote by MapOfYourHead
Find the notes F#,A,C# and E on the neck, and play them.

That's not how it works, you must spoonfeed!
if you are a beginner with barre chords and need a workaround chord play the first 3 strings holding down at the 2nd fret, with your index finger on the 1st 2nd and 3rd strings only, it will work.

I teach a lot of people who are learning to play for the first time, so they can help in worship roles at their church and F#m7 is a common chord in E and A songs, so I give them this work-around while they work up their muscle and strength skills...and add tot heir chord vocabulary.

Make sure that you play only the first 3 strings. If you are new to the guitar, hope this helps.

Best,

Sean
Last edited by Sean0913 at Sep 8, 2010,