Do you guys have any tips or excercises on how to get better at the Golpe?
I'm really interested in the way Gabriela from Rodrigo y Gabriela does it while playing the rhythm chords. It sounds awesome.

Also how would I go about practicing with the Index/middle/ring finger picking technique on the acoustic or the classical guitar? (sorry if it has another name) I mean, any songs which help the technique tremendously?
I started with classical but haven't practiced that technique for at least two years and can no longer afford a teacher. I can't find of my old books either.

Any help would be appreciated.
I own an Ibanez J-Custom

I am Guitarnoob_100. Say hey

PSN: Whiski_Guy
Xbox Live: Chris2194

Steam: Galiathslay
look up Broons Bane, it's by Rush, and it's a great fingerpicking song.
i always come to UG for a tab, but get sucked into the pit

[SoWrongItsMatt]Have you tried, "Sex on fire?"

[[x]Huffy[x]]Either way I'm gonna be too stoned to care.

what he said.^

i love qotsa

mymusic
enjoy it.
Are you looking to improve finger independence? Anyway here are some finger picking techniques I ran across in an old book.

--------0-----------0--- R Repeat
-----0----0------0---0- M
--1-----------1--------- I
-------------------------
-------------------------
--0-----------0---------

-------------------0-- R
-----0----0----0----0 M
--1----1----1-------- I
-----------------------
-----------------------
--0----0----0--------

----------3--------------------------0-- R
--------0---0---------------------1---1 M
------0-------0---0-----------0---------0----0 I
-----------------0---------------------------2
--3--------------------------

Also The Start of Metal gear solid skateboarding theme I usually add an extra d note on the 4th sting for the first three parts and include an E on the 1st for the fourth.

--------0------0------0------------1------1------1------0------0-------0------------
----------1------1-------1-----------1------1------1------1------1-------1----------3-----3-----3
------------2------2--------------------2------2-------------0------0-------------------4-----4-----4
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------5-----5
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------

And a cool little exercise I picked up from the Rock House Method learn "Rock Guitar" by John McCarthy

--1------3-4-3-----1---------------1----------------1---------------1---------------1
--------------------------3-4-3----------
-------------------------------------------3-4-3
------------------------------------------------------------3-4-3
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------3-4-3
-- --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------3-4-3
Last edited by Th3~one~an~0nly at Sep 8, 2010,
Actually, that is the type of fingerpicking I can do. Sorry, I should've specified.

The type of picking I'm interested in is like, tremolo picking on one string with the three fingers. Like Ralph Macchio did in "Crossroads"? When he didn't use a pick.
I own an Ibanez J-Custom

I am Guitarnoob_100. Say hey

PSN: Whiski_Guy
Xbox Live: Chris2194

Steam: Galiathslay