Hey guys, I was looking at getting a good multipurpose OD/Distortion once and for all to settle my needs.

I enjoy heavy music, very much so indeed (We're talking about Arch Enemy, All That Remains, Shadows Fall), experimental and fun stuff (Muse, Extreme) and music as such.

Needless to say, my current Nano Metal Muff is not very versatile, though it is a bloody brilliant full on metal pedal, especially for it's price. Besides that, I play in church too, where that kind of tone is pretty much unacceptable

So I'm looking at several pedals to cater to my needs, with several modes and such and this will be my "be all end all" for the forseeable future in distortion/OD needs, maybe for the next one or two years.

I'm not a fan of multieffects, nor do I like to lug around a pedalboard wherever I play, so please do not suggest digital multieffects or a combination of pedals. I'm looking for versatility

And yes, since I won't be spending that much on guitars for awhile more, I've capped my budget at RM850 Malaysian RETAIL price (note that in Malaysia I have to factor in shipping, and taxes etc, making the price around US$ x 5), or US$150+ and yes, I'm also well aware that there are many great pedals out there for way below this price, which is why I

NEED

your

suggestions

and

opinions.

So far I've listed out

-Visual Sound Jekyll and Hyde V2
-MXR Doubleshot Distortion
-AMT DistStation DM-2
-Fulltone OCD (Not sure how this would work out in a lighter (bluesy/church) setting though.
-Fulltone Fulldrive Mosfet 2
-ElectroHarmonix Graphics Fuzz XO

and well... Yes That is all I have for now.

Suggestions? Opinions?

I'm leaning towards the AMT though, having tested it out before and pretty much liking the sound, though the Doubleshot (yes I know, discontinued, but I may be able to get it secondhand) does have a nicer, more focused punch, and is just as versatile. I haven't tried the rest out though...
It rules guitarists with an iron fist. It is their mistress, and it is their haunted soul....Kingdoms (of tone) rise and fall and bend to its will. It is the siren. It is the dryad. It is the beautiful cruelty. It is delay.
ibanez tubescreamer? i used to have the jekyll and hyde and its a nice piece of kit. i would go for that out of the ones you have listed
Consider barber dirty bomb. It does br00talz and mid gain. But doesnt really do low gain stuff well. Itd works fine as a clean boost though.
if you want a pedal ONCE AND FOR ALL (lol) than maybe you want to increase your budget for the distortion pedal. one of the best (imo THE best) distortion pedal is the Wampler Triple Wreck (hardwire TL2 Distortion is also good, but not very versitle). a new one costs around 270 dollars (maybe you can find a used one) and the hardwire goes for around 100 dollars. so, theres a big difference in price, but also in quality.

so, the better one is the Wampler Triple Wreck ($270)
and the cheaper one (much cheaper) is the Harwire TL2 ($100)

your choice.

Also, i see that you play with a Spider III 75. If you cut down on spending on guitars and pedals etc., you might want to get a tube head with a cab (or a tube combo, your choice). Because, a pedal will never give you a tone that is nearly as good as the tone from a Tube head with cab.
Actually no I got the amp super cheap, and my only big investment was the guitar and well, none of the pedals were mine, they were all just borrowed from friends.

And well, this will be my first major effects investment.

Tube amps here in Malaysia are pretty expensive, and there's no way I could get my hands on say, a pretty good tube amp, unless I spend quite a bit of dough, maybe 5-6 times what I've saved for the pedals.

But even then, the point of me buying the pedal is more to carry around while gigging instead of bringing along my amp

Is it possible to get the Harwire online?
It rules guitarists with an iron fist. It is their mistress, and it is their haunted soul....Kingdoms (of tone) rise and fall and bend to its will. It is the siren. It is the dryad. It is the beautiful cruelty. It is delay.
Electro-harmonix germanium 4 big muff.
Double pedal, gives you all the tones from the 40s to the 70s.
Plus you can stack the overdrive and distortion parts.
Also, it's $99. :B

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVtwsGf67sk

Give it a try. Watch the vid.
Carvin TL60
Ibanez RG370DXL
TheSyle Velcro Fuzz
Line 6 HD500
Peavey Vypyr 120 Tube

---------
Close your eyes, shut out the world, and you will understand. Post-rock/shoegaze/ambient.

Blue Skies and Paign

Like our facebook page!
you should be able to find the hardwire tl2 online yes.

(BUT HAVE YOU SEEN THE DEMOS OF THE WAMPLER TRIPLE WRECK?!?!?!?! YOU'LL CLIMAX)
Quote by Ravenfaust
Electro-harmonix germanium 4 big muff.
Double pedal, gives you all the tones from the 40s to the 70s.
Plus you can stack the overdrive and distortion parts.
Also, it's $99. :B

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVtwsGf67sk

Give it a try. Watch the vid.

A big muff isn't going to work in a church setting.
Quote by dweb23
ibanez tubescreamer? i used to have the jekyll and hyde and its a nice piece of kit. i would go for that out of the ones you have listed

Jekyll and Hyde is definitely the most versatile on there. I feel that it will pretty much fill in what your EHX can't perfectly.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.