So I've decided it's high time to get a decent tube amp, and the Vox AC30 is what I think I'm gonna go for. The only question is: Which speaker/model? There's the new AC30C2 with the Greenbacks, the AC30C2X with the Alnico Blues and the old AC30CC2 with the Wharfedales. I've had a look around on YouTube, and can't really find any decent demos....

My rig is a Fender 40th Ann. US Strat -> Boss Tuner -> Vox V847 Wah -> Ibanez TS808 Reissue -> G2D Custom Overdrive -> Hot Cake -> Rocktron Tremolo -> Boss PH3 Phaser -> Bos DD3 Digital Delay -> TC Electronic Nova Delay -> Amp. I own a solid state Fender Princeton Chorus DSP, at church I play through a homemade Fender Super Reverb clone that belongs to someone else and I can't gig with unfortunately.

Musically, I play a lot of worship/praise music (Hillsong United, etc.) as well as a lot of alt. rock (Incubus, Radiohead, U2 (I know, not really alt. rock)) and classic rock/blues (Pink Floyd, Clapton, Led Zep, etc.) so I play really a wide range of "rock-centred" music.

Due to my rig above, I'm probably looking to use pedals for overdrive/dist. as I believe it's not possible to footswitch between the Top Boost and Normal channels...

So: which speaker will best go with my rig/the wide range of music I play/have the best sustain/the best clean/the best dirty/etc? Any tips? Wharfedales, Blues, Greenbacks?
you can use both channels with an a/b switch. if you are going to use the delay i would only use it through the clean with overdrive from the pedals.
Guitars
Prs Custom 24
Fender Jaguar
Gibson Les paul standard dc
Ibanez as71

Amps
Peavey xxx
Crate v-32h/cab

Effects
Dimebag wah
carbon copy
evh phase
blackstart ht-duel
holy grail plus
electric mistress stereo
dd-20
For the price the Chinese-built PCB-wired AC30s cost new over In New Zealand ($2200ish!) you could order a custom point-to-point handwired clone with alnico Blues, like the Valvetech Hayseed 30 or Ceriatone Matchless/Trainwreck clone.

The Hayseed works out to around $2075 NZD, obviously you've got to then factor in shipping, but it's still a hell of a lot more amp for similar money.
Your best bet if money is an issue is to find a local amp builder or a used Vox.

Also, you can footswitch between the channels just fine with an A/B switch - Vox's own footswitch for it controls the verb and trem, but not the channels.
Quote by kyle62
The Hayseed works out to around $2075 NZD, obviously you've got to then factor in shipping, but it's still a hell of a lot more amp for similar money.
Your best bet if money is an issue is to find a local amp builder or a used Vox.

Yeah, I'm definitely looking more toward a used Vox. I have really no qualms about used gear (most of my gear was bought used), and you can find an AC30CC2 for around $1000 on Trademe (NZ's eBay) / AC30CC2X for $1800. And postage would be pretty damn expensive for the Valvetech overseas I'm thinking? Sounds like a great amp though....

From what you and John recommended though, it seems like you're leaning more towards the Alnico Blue speakers?
I'm trying to refrain from making New Zealand jokes from Flight of the Conchords

Anyway, the Alnico Blues I believe are the most sought after, never played them myself but there's a reason they cost a decent amount more.

Between the velvet lies, there's a truth as hard as steel.
The vision never dies, life's a neverending wheel.
I got my AC30C2 for $1900NZ, not too sure if they still have them but at the shop I got it they were looking to flog off the older CC's for really cheap.

That's in Auckland