I have owned a 5150 combo for about a year now but i am selling it as i want something which is a bit more flexiable so i am after some suggestions? Criteria below:

- ive got about £550 to spend
- im thinking combo will be best
- I want to be able to get a range of sounds, dont mind using pedals to aid this a bit. kind of bands are muse, biffy clyro, so somehthing which can go quite heavy but also have nice cleans.

so far i am thinking of this http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/82669

Thanks in advance

Jack
The MA series of amps, in my opinion, are neither good sounding, nor versatile.

Which sortof Biffy sound? Old or new?
It's hard with that band, as Simon uses 3, sometimes 4 different amps on stage at one time.

Orange Thunder 30? There arn't really many versatile tube amps in that price range.
"In modern music, a lot of people are really stuck on the example, asif it were the idea. It takes millions of examples to articulate an idea, so don't get stuck on the f*cking example." - Joshua Homme, 2008.
Quote by FuzzLove
The MA series of amps, in my opinion, are neither good sounding, nor versatile.

Which sortof Biffy sound? Old or new?
It's hard with that band, as Simon uses 3, sometimes 4 different amps on stage at one time.

Orange Thunder 30? There arn't really many versatile tube amps in that price range.

Big fat + 1

Don't get the MA.

new Thunder 30 looks promising.

Used Laney perhaps.

Does your 550 euros include the sale of your 5150?
yes that includes the 5150 money, i would spend more but i am at uni so money is tight anyway.

Probably more old biffy than new.
new I see a:

Epiphone Blues Deluxe
Laney LC30
Peavey Classic 30
Orange Thunder 30
Peavey Vypyr tube 60
Vox AC15

http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/products.php?s=&k=&x=24&y=8&m=Brands&c=Guitar+Amplifiers&r=%A3400+-+%A3800

PS: how heavy is 'quite heavy'? Not super familiar with your stated 'genre'
[quote="'[D.U.T.R"]']http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHkQPOQ3EDg
i want to able to get something similar to that, i no theres some fuzz in there but i have a fuzz factory so thats not a problem. I do also play some metal but not bothered about that quite so much.

I see. Kind of a cross between U2 and Limp Bizkit?
Check some of the clips in here of the Peavey Classic 30 - the amp can do lighter stuff of course.

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/MatrixClaw/music/

I don't have any experience with the other amps I mentioned outside of the Vypyr 60 but I don't think you would be interested in that.

I'm guessing the Thunder 30 (and Laney LC30) would be voiced similarly to the Classic 30.
The Vypyr 60 might actually be really nice if TS wants a lot of contrasting variety. The only real bummer about that amp is that you need a Sanpera II if you plan on using it in any sort of live situation, or if you just don't like changing stuff by hand.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Well, during the olden days, Simon from Biffy used Fender Hotrod/Blues Deluxe/Devilles for his cleans. Peavey Classic 50/Delta Blues for some cleans and mid gain tones. Then various Marshall heads for dirty sounds. He then uses a few different Boss pedals to get the higher gain tones too.

So it's hard to get all of that out of just one amp, especially a low budget tube amp.

I would second the suggestion of the Peavey Classic 30, I was going to buy one once, I really like the cleans on these. I think this plus a fuzz and a heavy distortion pedal or boost could be the answer for you. The other nice thing is that it's not particularly loud for 30watts, so that'd be good if you're going to uni.
"In modern music, a lot of people are really stuck on the example, asif it were the idea. It takes millions of examples to articulate an idea, so don't get stuck on the f*cking example." - Joshua Homme, 2008.
The Classic 30 is a good amp, I almost bought one too. It was between that and a VK112. The Classic 30 was more money, so I went ahead with the VK112. But the Classic 30 was a good amp.
***Guitars***
Epiphone Les Paul Custom AP (w/ 2 Seymour Duncans)
Jackson Dx10D Dinky (w/ DiMarzio PAF Bridge)
Epihpone Hummingbird

***Amps***
Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 100 (Voodoo Modified)
Custom 4x12 Halfstack (w/ Veteran 30's)
Quote by the1967mustang
The Classic 30 is a good amp, I almost bought one too. It was between that and a VK112. The Classic 30 was more money, so I went ahead with the VK112. But the Classic 30 was a good amp.

Personally I think the Classic 30 with a boost sounds abit nicer than the VK.
VKs arn't bad though, they're obviously louder if you require that too.