What is your opinion on them?

Those bracelets are supposed to use some kind of hologram-magnet combination to increase your balance. A lot of top sportsmen and women are using them, and they are becoming a major hype around here. The thing is, I've been having some huge arguments with people about them. I for one believe these things are crap placebos, and do not have any effect on you at all. My brother, who is a judo player at the highest level, owns one and is completely sure they work. He also thinks I am a moron for trusting science and saying they only work because of the psychological placebo effect, kind of like a talisman.

But what does the pit think of it? Are they popular in your country/state? Would you buy one, or do you already own one of those?
Oh, you wouldn't want an angel watching over
Surprise, surprise, they wouldn't wanna watch
Last edited by The_Casinator at Sep 8, 2010,
I'd rather own a pet rock. I can use that to knock somebody wearing something that stupid right on their ass.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by Jackal58
I'd rather own a pet rock. I can use that to knock somebody wearing something that stupid right on their ass.

Well, at least you can use that pet rock for something.
Quote by The_Casinator
Those bracelets are supposed to use some kind of hologram-magnet combination to increase your balance.

sounds too gimmicky. I don't think there's much of a call for that sort of thing around here. there is a lot of rafting, so maybe it'll catch on eventually.
Last edited by MakinLattes at Sep 8, 2010,
these have been around for quite awhile. 5-10 years ago some old golfer was hocking them on tv infomercials. ive never seen any reason to believe they work.
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
Quote by The_Casinator
He also thinks I am a moron for trusting science and saying they only work because of the psychological placebo effect

Because science is ALWAYS wrong!
What a pillock. I think these things are a waste of time.
I shall grant you three wishes.

None of which will work.

Does the above post enrage, offend or confuse you?

Good.

I like my women how I like my guitars. Curvy and like it when I finger them.
I have a homeopathic version. It's just a metal wristband that someone touched with a magnet briefly.
I can't see how this is anything more then a placebo.
But, as we all know, placebos can work.

But yeah, the bracelet doesn't do shit.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Quote by psyks
I have a homeopathic version. It's just a metal wristband that someone touched with a magnet briefly.

Do you believe it works?
Quote by happytimeharry
My brother has one. It's nothing but a mind trick.

These aren't the droids you're looking for...and why are you swaying?
I shall grant you three wishes.

None of which will work.

Does the above post enrage, offend or confuse you?

Good.

I like my women how I like my guitars. Curvy and like it when I finger them.
Quote by The_Casinator
Do you believe it works?
Only if you wear enough of them. I've got about 50 of these things running up and down my arms and I haven't fallen over in a while.
Quote by psyks
Only if you wear enough of them. I've got about 50 of these things running up and down my arms and I haven't fallen over in a while.

I first seen this on Inside the Clubhouse of the San Francisco Giants and a lot of the guys that use them say "I don't know if they really work but I still use it, must be a superstitious thing." I really don't know if they work though might be a good investment since a lot of athletes use them.
STಠ_ಠ
Its all a placebo effect, but as stated by someone above, placebos work quite well. If you believe you have better balance you will have better balance. Most of the clumsy people I know continue to be clumsy because they keep thinking they are.

Now you take a placebo effect, and apply it to a trained athlete with already incredible balance, it would give them a boost of further confidence that would have a further beneficial effect.
Now, here's a real question.

Will you guys saying that this is a placebo cancel out any beneficial effects that this item could have?

Example: I'm walking down the street all happy, with my little Power Bracelet on, and you say "Hey, you know that's bullshit, right? It's just a placebo." Will I lose the positive effects of the bracelet then?
Last edited by GogglesVK at Sep 8, 2010,
Not heard of em... but i'd question the whole magnet aspect if they are worn on one side of your body. Surely then it'd cause you to overbalance.

Quote by GogglesVK
Now, here's a real question.

Will you guys saying that this is a placebo cancel out any beneficial effects that this item could have?

Example: I'm walking down the street all happy, with my little Power Bracelet on, and you say "Hey, you know that's bullshit, right? It's just a placebo." Will I lose the positive effects of the bracelet then?

Only if it truly is a placebo and you change your mind to believe it is a placebo.
Quote by BeefWellington

These aren't the droids you're looking for...and why are you swaying?