so i just started the year as a music student... i need to bring my own amp back and fourth between my room and the practice room.... my half stack is wayyy to big.

Instead of buying a whole new amp i was wondering if i should get a small cab to use with the head... it just needs to be able to handle enough for me to be heard over a metal drummer....

if it matters i use a line six spidervalve head

any suggestions?
Budget? Location? What head are you using? Styles of music? We're not mind readers mate.
Basses:
Fender Precision Bass
Fender Jazz Bass
1967 Fender Coronado Bass II
Warwick Star Bass
Squier Precision Bass TB
for practice and lessons, a 1x10 is ideal - very light and portable.

The Blackstar HT-110 would be great, it's only about $150. The power handling is 40W, but you're not going to be cranking the Spidervalve anywhere near that level anyway!

Just to give you an idea how small it is:

For Loud stuff have a look at Harley Benton on Thomann. I'm not sure whether you're looking for a bedroom cab or a gigging cab but the cabs have a good rep and are a good gigging level.

TM
Epiphone Dot
DIY Esquire w/Neovin Power Rock pickup
Vox AC30VR 212
Arion MTE-1 (LED clipping diodes added)
Vox Tonelab LE
Roland SDE1000 delay

Quote by DaMarsbarPerson
By high-gain I don't mean stupid stuff. I just mean styles like Motley Crue or Iron Maiden
Quote by kyle62
for practice and lessons, a 1x10 is ideal - very light and portable.

The Blackstar HT-110 would be great, it's only about $150. The power handling is 40W, but you're not going to be cranking the Spidervalve anywhere near that level anyway!

Just to give you an idea how small it is:

That head is 100 Watts right? If that's the case I strongly recommend against pairing it with a 40 watt speaker even if you don't plan on cranking it.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Quote by MortifiedLizard

This

Avatar cabs fit your needs perfectly, except for the price. They are just a little over your budget.