S420 or RG4EXFM1

I am somewhat new, Wanting to learn ozzy songs. my budget is right at the 500 mark for the guitar.

I got a marshall over driven practice amp and a Fender clean sound amp.
Saving money for a better amp.

Messing around at guitar center throughout the week while saving money Its these 2 that I constantly head for.

I need to know out these 2 what would be the better guitar.

the s420 or the rg4. let me know. because really its coming down to this post to which I buy.
I say you read at reviews and decide which one does sound better to you and what feels more comfortable.
Personally I'd go for the S420 - the ZR trem is a lot better than the Edge III on the RG, and is probably the best trem in that price range, and very good in general actually.

Otherwise they're both 24 frets, basswood body, the only difference is the pickups really.
Quote by Kensai
Please, I eat gays for breakfast...

Quote by Kensai
I must be even further in the closet then
Last edited by Hidden Hippo at Sep 8, 2010,
Ya,

I been reading reviews and watching videos and posting on forums.

The s420 is not basewood its mahogany. So I think that is another + for it.
at least that is how its advertised on guitar center page.

One good thing is I found this forum so at least got a new home here.

Ya I been leaning tword the s420 a little more. Just want see what others with more experience thinks.
I'd go with the S series since the ZR trem owns the edge III and the body is extremely comfortable.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

yeah i would prefer the s too for the reasons already posted (mainly the trem).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Doh, forgot the S was mahogany - I always think they're basswood because they're light, but they're just really thin, plus the JS is basswood.
Quote by Kensai
Please, I eat gays for breakfast...

Quote by Kensai
I must be even further in the closet then
I own an s series and let me just say it is my favorite guitar body that has ever been made.
Equipment:
Ibanez S5EX1
Line 6 Spider 3 150w
The S is a much better guitar, especially for what you want to play.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X