Hello UG,

I bought a tele body a while back, no idea what its from though. The guy selling it said he'd bought it after it was advertised as a fender one but when it arrived he found it wasnt. I bought it cos i needed something made of the right wood.

Now im curious because i fancy finding out what its from. Reason being is that i was trawling gumtree for a cheap parts tele and i stumbled across this:

http://sheffield.gumtree.com/sheffield/80/58973480.html

Its the same body as my telecaster but the guy is claiming is a fender one, which i know it isnt. So i'd like to know what it is?

This is mine:

This is a fender one (says google)

Mine has three screw holes for bridge mounting, wheras the fender has four which is how i know its not a fender, and i know its not custom because of the gumtree link in which theres an identical body (same colour and everything) so its obviously a model thats been produced.

I did try contacting the guy but to no avail so far,

Any ideas?
Quote by Down&Out
Mine has three screw holes for bridge mounting, wheras the fender has four which is how i know its not a fender, and i know its not custom because of the gumtree link in which theres an identical body (same colour and everything) so its obviously a model thats been produced.

I did try contacting the guy but to no avail so far,

Any ideas?

Look at the neck pocket. There is a little splash of paint by the screwhole, just like on yours. And the little scratch by the bridge. Im pretty sure you bought the one thats being advertised there...
Yeah i did notice that they where very very strangely alike, but the one i bought i bought on ebay and the neck that was with it was sold seperately.

Actually having another look, that was posted three months ago so maybe that is actually mine, nonetheless, do you have any idea what its off?
Last edited by Down&Out at Sep 8, 2010,

Turns out its off a squier standard, left is a squier bridge and right is a fender one.
Squier standards have 4 holes in the Neck pocket same a standard tele and the bridge you call the squier one is just a 6 saddle rather than the 3 saddle on the right. I really doesn't tell you whether it's a squier or not, sorry to be of little help. I gut feeling is it's not a squier or a fender.

Thrench
Ibanez AS73
Squier Blonde Standard Telecaster
Home built Telecaster Deluxe
Vox AC4TV amp
Vox V845 Wah Wah
Marshall reverb
Korg Pandora PX4 multi effects
Digitech Death Metal distortion pedal

God is busy, save yourselves!!!
Right, bump for this, not even TDPRI can work out exactly what its off.

Its the same width as my MIM so we've eliminated an affinity at least.

Anyone with any ideas?
Im just curious as to what it came from.

You could ask the same question about thousands of things on these forums really.