Poll: Vote on your favorite track.
Poll Options
View poll results: Vote on your favorite track.
muffinduck01 - "Legend of Zelda (NES) Medley"
0 0%
breadstick - "Song of Storms Cover"
1 3%
The Madcap - "Song Of Storms"
13 43%
NothingRocks - "Lost Woods"
4 13%
TheReverend724 - "Zora's Domain DnB Remix"
9 30%
Havoc69 - "Song Of Healing/Majora's Mask Theme"
3 10%
Voters: 30.
After two weeks of users making their covers and remixes of Zelda music, it's time for you guys to vote on which one you think is the best. Here are the choices:

"Legend of Zelda (NES) Medley" - muffinduck01
An orchestral arrangement of Zelda music, quite powerful, featuring strings, organ, choir, etc.
http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/muffinduck01/music/play890720

"Song of Storms Cover" - breadstick
A more authentic cover, of the Song Of Storms, with a guitar and actual Ocarina.
http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/breadstick/music/play890797

"Song Of Storms" - The Madcap
My cover arranged as a classical guitar duet, sort of a medley, mainly of the Song Of Storms, but also the OoT opening theme and a bit of Song Of Healing from Majora's Mask.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSpx1pNw0DY

"Lost Woods" - NothingRocks
A pretty authentic cover of the Lost Woods/Saria's Song music from OoT.
http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/NothingRocks/music/all/play879631

"Zora's Domain DnB Remix" - TheReverend724
Very interesting choice of a track for this remix, very well done Electronic track, fast paced, well produced, and good drums.
http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/TheReverend724/music/play890754

"Song Of Healing" - Havoc69
A cover that sounds very similar to the original of the "Song Of Healing" with piano.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mtfh4w_JPEg
TheReverend724 by far. Breadstick's was out of tune, havoc's is a little bland, and the others were pretty much just normal covers, without really putting a twist on it. Though I have to commend Madcap for his excellent playing and arrangement, as well as starting this thing

well done, guys.
Last edited by CoreysMonster at Sep 8, 2010,
Listening to them all now, will vote when I'm finished.

I really wish I was able to get my stuff finished in time. Aah well, shit happens. May still finish it for shits and giggles.
Quote by CoreysMonster
TheReverend724 by far. Breadstick's was out of tune, havoc's is a little bland, and the others were pretty much just normal covers, without really putting a twist on it. Though I have to commend Madcap for his excellent playing and arrangement, as well as starting this thing

well done, guys.
Yeah, apart from my cover (because damnit I worked hard on that...and it's mine and all) his would have to be my favorite.
I'm sure the deadline was the 9th?? I've got a cover right here..
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
When I saw this I expected a bit more. Two weeks is a bit much for this stuff. It wouldn't be hard to top any of it, especially in that time.

muffinduck01 - The orchestra sounds are just way too fake and midi-sounding.
I didn't bother listening to it all.

breadstick - Quality was pretty bland. Guitar wasn't bad though, but the ocarina just sounded out of tune. it didn't flow like the original at all.

The Madcap - Not too baad. Nothing special though. Could have used more to it. Some more parts coming in and more sounds.

NothingRocks - Nothing too different from the original, just a better more realistic sound. Enjoyable nonetheless.

TheReverend724 - When I read DNB I was hoping it'd be more DNB-like. It's pretty decent, but had potential for so much more.

Havoc69 - Midi/ really low quality electric piano. Just no. If you're not going to use the real deal then don't use it at all. Doesn't sound anywhere close to real.
Really wasn't too good otherwise. Some okay synthy stuff but the drums and some synth sounds just aren't good.

I didn't care for these at all, but Madcap and NothingRocks had the best ones. Maybe my standards are too high.
Last edited by TechnicolorType at Sep 8, 2010,
Thanks for the love guys, I'm really surprised that my track got so much positive feedback

Quote by TechnicolorType

TheReverend724 - When I read DNB I was hoping it'd be more DNB-like. It's pretty decent, but had potential for so much more.

What does that even mean?

I bet you think all DnB sounds like Pendulum
Madcap, I am in love!

That is so awesome, a fantastic cover of my favourite song!

EDIT: In fact, I thought it was so good I decided to post it on facebook, a rare thing indeed.
Last edited by br33dlove at Sep 8, 2010,
Quote by The Madcap
I'd say so.

Sorry. I like superb quality work. That's just me.

Quote by TheReverend724
Thanks for the love guys, I'm really surprised that my track got so much positive feedback

What does that even mean?

I bet you think all DnB sounds like Pendulum

No. I was hoping it'd be more drum-based and not so dry.
Last edited by TechnicolorType at Sep 8, 2010,
I disliked the tone of breadstick's cover honestly. And the ocarina parts almost blared out. It was distracting to me.

Madcap's I seriously enjoyed. Excellent. I'm a sucker for classically arranged pieces like that. Hell, I even sent it to a friend. If I share music with friends, you know I liked it!

The Rev's was good. But not really overly exciting to me. Maybe it was the length of it.

NothingRock's I enjoyed. Nice touch with the rhythm instrument. I couldn't tell if it was a drum machine or an actual instrument though. I liked it.

Havoc's was kind of boring. I liked it, but it didn't grab me.

Muffin's was enjoyable. Very epic. I bet you spent a lot of time on it, huh?

Good job, guys! I'm impressed. I'd love to hear more stuff like this. Unfortunately, I lack the skills to do this kind of thing myself.
Last edited by crazysam23_Atax at Sep 8, 2010,
i think the madcap and nothingrocks both did good covers but i'm not sure which is "better".
one of them was really out of tune but not the above two mentioned.
madcap's was simple but effective. i bet if a girl heard it, she'd fall for you pretty quick.
nothingrocks did a very authentic cover with what sounded like 4 instruments.
i had to toss a coin for it and nothingrocks won, sorry.
Quote by Meths

I don't think any words should be censored.

Especially faggot since homos aren't real people and all.

Quote by sam b
Man City wont win anything and finish below Arsenal.

city: 3rd + FA cup winners.
arsenal: 4th
Ummm, I posted my cover in the thread, why wasn't it counted?? :s
Alta Vera - My real life alternative rock band.
Ashen Spire - My personal metal band.

Super Mario, F-Zero & Dragonball Z covers!

PSN: whatev27

Let me ask you, does a machine like yourself ever experience fear?