I am doing an experiment for school: heres the thing - are women more likley to go for men who play guitar or bass? Or is there no connection. All I need to know Is what instrument you play, how long youve played it for and how many lady friends youve had since. Be honest, Nobodys going to judge you . And also I'll post what I find out here.

This is my first action here so, I dont know If I should - should I post a similar thing on the bass section or wouldnt that be dissaproved of and do you think they will look here?

Thanks.
Playing guitar has never gotten me laid if that is what you're asking.
Quote by mikeyknowsbette
i can make a lolstack!

i've been playing guitar about a year and about 12 women have started chatting to me after seing me with a guitar
Quote by Woodkha'ak
Playing guitar has never gotten me laid if that is what you're asking.

Thanks, but do you mean you havnt got any ladies since or just not because of guitar - ecause I dont really mind if you dont think they have anything to do with eachother.
It all comes down to the man......I mean I know alot of bum/losers that all they do is drink and it's the only thing they're good at.......besides talking/knowing how to read/manipulate body/vocal language and get laid at least 3-4 times week because of this "ability". Thats all it comes down to in the end, if you're good at picking up on womens subtlety's and taking advantage of these and dominating them...secretly of course!
been playing almost 2 years,but been with the same girl the whole time.
My Sound Makers
ESP Eclipse II
Epi Les Paul Studio
Fender Blues Jr.
the approach you're taking leaves so many things open as variables...

a hot confident guy is pretty likely to pick up girls whether he's playing guitar or not.
a shy not so good looking guy might not have any better of a chance to get a girl when he plays an instrument.

that being said, I've got girls both with and without playing guitar
the only thing that makes it easier to meet a girl when you're playing a set, is that you're up on stage and already have exposure to the crowd.
You become more approachable, and it gets easier to make random conversation when people reckognize you as the guy from the stage
Quote by james4
the approach you're taking leaves so many things open as variables...

a hot confident guy is pretty likely to pick up girls whether he's playing guitar or not.
a shy not so good looking guy might not have any better of a chance to get a girl when he plays an instrument.

that being said, I've got girls both with and without playing guitar
the only thing that makes it easier to meet a girl when you're playing a set, is that you're up on stage and already have exposure to the crowd.
You become more approachable, and it gets easier to make random conversation when people reckognize you as the guy from the stage

yh - your right of course, I knew it would be down to the person most likley. But I wanted to see - I mean if you got 10 guitarists all having 4-7 girlfriends and 10 bassists having none it would be pretty hard to ignore wouldnt it. BUt your right, that woudlnt happen, Id just like to look into it and its a funner thing to look at than some other dull psycology experiment.
If you turn up your bass loud enough, it makes girls orgasm.

All joking aside, it completely depends on the personality of the player, not the fact that they play.
Quote by TMF128
If you turn up your bass loud enough, it makes girls orgasm.

All joking aside, it completely depends on the personality of the player, not the fact that they play.

Yh your right - Nice scott pilgrim avatar thingy. It was more of a test to see if women subconciously went for guitarists, your right that it has far more to do with personality and other factors. Just wanted to see you know - I do have a feeling some girls may hear a guy plays guitar and just go crazy and if evidence showd that, or did not I would write that - but I cant if everyone just tell me the flaws. But thanks anyway - you are correct.
I play both, and haven't been in a relationship since well before taking up either.

And considering how that one went, good riddance.