It's my birthday today and I got an ESP LTD M100-FM

Here she is:

She's a 2006 model, so made in Indonesia rather than Chine like the new ones, and has the Licensed rather than Special Floyd Rose. I have to say, so far it's been pretty good, I've abused it quite a lot all day and it's stayed in tune pretty well
I've already changed the strings to 52-10 Slinky Titanium-reinforced strings and tuned it to D standard, and it sounds great
The pickups are quite hot, giving it a really nice natural crunch on clean tones when you have the volume pot up, which is conveniently located further back then you'll usually fond them so it doesn't get in the way of my picking at all.
The neck's pretty thin, although I'm sure there are thinner, so it's a good balance, and the frets are pretty well done, and you certainly dont scratch your hand if you rub it up and down the side of the neck.
I've already had a look under the electronics cavity and tremelo cavity of course, and it all look very tidy, certainly not what you'd find on a cheap guitar at all.

Overall I'd probably say it's almost at good as my PRS SE Singlecut so far, I don't know why it loses points though, I think the PRS just feels that bit more special you know? It only cost me £260 from guitarbitz (get stuff from them, they rock, I've got three guitars from there so far!) which I think is pretty good considering how it feels, my PRS was £390 and that doesn't feel that much better.

I may upload clips sometime, but for now I'm absolutely knackered

Feel free to ask any questions about it and hope you like the pics
Hi! I'm Andrew, and when I have a bubble in my throat I sound like Alan Rickman!

I have the BEST Jizz Face on UG!

My YouTube Channel (slowmotion stuff!): www.youtube.com/wannabeguitarlegend
Congratulations I guess, although I think your PRS SE Singlecut should beat that guitar by a ton... Of course, it doesn't have a floyd which makes it different from the M-100.

And happy birthday!
Gear pics

Quote by Cathbard
Bugera cloning Blackstar is a scandal cloaked in a tragedy making love to a nightmare.

Pretty good looking guitar,HNGD and happy birthday
My Sound Makers
ESP Eclipse II
Epi Les Paul Studio
Fender Blues Jr.
I've got a 2009 model in red, and its an awesome guitar. Once I figured out the FR I didn't have a single problem with it. HNGD man!
I will talk about tech-death, all the time.
Quote by Sakke
Congratulations I guess, although I think your PRS SE Singlecut should beat that guitar by a ton... Of course, it doesn't have a floyd which makes it different from the M-100.

And happy birthday!

Yeah, the PRS is exceptional, but this ones worth it because it's quite a different guitar, the pickups are a lot heavier, it has the floyd, 2 extra frets, etc...

EDIT: Oh yeah and thanks
Hi! I'm Andrew, and when I have a bubble in my throat I sound like Alan Rickman!

Last edited by archerygenious at Sep 8, 2010,
That is NICE. You might want to consider a pickup change though.. Anyway Happy Birthday!! and HNGD i hope you enjoy it
Quote by archerygenious
Yeah, the PRS is exceptional, but this ones worth it because it's quite a different guitar, the pickups are a lot heavier, it has the floyd, 2 extra frets, etc...

yeah, but I think that the PRS has better stock pickups than the ESP, I've tried few lower end LTD's out and I didn't really like them..
Gear pics

Quote by Cathbard
Bugera cloning Blackstar is a scandal cloaked in a tragedy making love to a nightmare.

i learned to play on an m-100. despite it being a lower end LTD it never felt like a peice of trash in my hands. enjoy her!

7 String+ ERG Legion!!

LTD Snakebyte
Agile AL-727
ESP Horizon
Warmoth Swirled 7
Schecter C-1 Classic
Frankentele
Laney Ironheart 60w + Avatar Cab

Happy birthday and HNGD!
Jackson DXMG 2002
Jackson JS30RR 2006
Rockteck 30Watt Combo
Marshall MC212
Dunlop Crybaby-GCB95
Boss Metalcore ML2

Quote by Skagasm
just think......bc rich+nice ring=happy girl

no ring+gibson es-335= no bitch and an awesome guitar.
Quote by SYLrules88
i learned to play on an m-100. despite it being a lower end LTD it never felt like a peice of trash in my hands. enjoy her!

I think the M100 may be a bit lower end than the M100-FM, and also I think your first guitar usually ends up feeling s*** to you as you haven't really developed any tastes yet... or something like that

Thanks for the "happy birthday"s guys

Quote by SilverRock113
That is NICE. You might want to consider a pickup change though.. Anyway Happy Birthday!! and HNGD i hope you enjoy it

Yeah I'm considering going for the EMG Zakk Wylde set, it's basically just the 81/85 in a nice convenient package, and with EMGs new solderless wiring system

Either that or the EMG HZ, depending on how rich and desperate for actives I get in future. For now though, these pickups aren't that bad at all

Last edited by archerygenious at Sep 8, 2010,
hi

hngd

just nitpicking, that may be a 2007 model, 2006 LTD didn't have ESP labels on the pickups

or...your 2006 pickups were swapped to 2007 ones

another thing, your Floyd should be black if its the 2006 model too(maybe)
Quote by iampeter
hi

hngd

just nitpicking, that may be a 2007 model, 2006 LTD didn't have ESP labels on the pickups

or...your 2006 pickups were swapped to 2007 ones

another thing, your Floyd should be black if its the 2006 model too(maybe)

I actually contacted ESP with the serial number and everything and according to them it's a 2006, definitely not nitpicking at all though (and that's not sarcasm btw!)

EDIT: the floyd actually is black, the pics just don't show it that well!

That is one hell of a sexy beast, HNGD ! and happy birthday !
Quote by bb155558
... file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Rob/My%20Documents/My%20Pictures/Summer%2010/amp%20test%20001.mpg
here is the link
open like another tab or something and copy and paste this into url.
HNGD.

They certainly don't make them like they used to. I wish I hadn't been a retard when I got my M-200FM. What I could have gotten used for the money... Stupid stupid stupid.

Anyway, looks very nice. These M's just look awesome.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
the top an inlays look sweet!

HNGD!