I have seen different reviews saying that is t is valve and others saying that is all tube,im a bit of an amp noob so is there much of a difference between the valve and tube.Is it valve or tube
Valves is just another word for tubes. I'm pretty sure valves is the english, while tubes is the american.
ok thanks,feel pretty stupid now but still i gotta learn somehow
Thanks for the help
i think what your getting confused with is some say it's a proper tube amp and some say it's a hybrid, in my opinion it's a proper tube amp as it has both a power and preamp tube, whilst most hybrids i've seen only have a preamp tube

^ yeah... i'd still be a bit loath to call it all-tube when it has all those SS components in the preamp, diode clipping, transistor phase inverter etc., but it's a lot more tube than something like a marshall avt, which is considered a hybrid. That's without actually trying one, just commenting on the circuit.

In conclusion:
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Lol @ the conclusion..

I have one thing to ask you before this converts into a giant flamewar..

Do Legra ship throughout Europe?

Yeah so in conclusion :
I'm not sure. He was willing to ship to me in Northern Ireland, though that's technically still part of the UK (but a bit more bother than shipping to mainland UK). You'd need to contact him, I guess.

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
silcon and silicone are two different things.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
just making sure that we are talking about the head and not the combo
It's still a hybrid because while it does have a tube gain stage and 12BH7 power amp, its phase inverter is solid state technology. The phase inverter is an important component of the power amp which in an all tube amp is usually powered by a 12AX7.

So you would be correct in saying part-valve or part-tube.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
It dosn't matter, it's the same amp, one just has a speaker in the same unit.

And valve and tube arn't 'pretty much' the same thing as someone said, they are EXACTLY the same thing.
"In modern music, a lot of people are really stuck on the example, asif it were the idea. It takes millions of examples to articulate an idea, so don't get stuck on the f*cking example." - Joshua Homme, 2008.