I'm playing guitar for my school now but unfortunately, I can't read notes... I have the music for it and I was wondering if there was any programs or something that I could put the notes and convert it to tabs. I thought I could with Guitar Pro but so far, no such luck

EDIT: I think I figured it out but any feedback is still appreciated
"[Bleach] is mostly water, and we are mostly water, therefore we are bleach"

I feel we should go to...

Purple Alert
Last edited by soulsablaze at Sep 8, 2010,
You can definitely do it with guitar pro. What seems to be the problem with it
CAPITALISM
Quote by diofan88
Naked with a bowl of cereal with headphones.
Quote by Azwethinkwedo
if its an unorginal song cant you just search for tabs on this here very guitar tab website.

I looked. First song we're doing is a mozart song and it wasn't on here.

Purple Alert
another guitarist that cant site read....=\
we are a dying breed

Quote by Gunpowder
Thrashturbating? Most metal of all ways to pleasure oneself.
How about you get off your fanny and learn to read music? Did you ever think of that one?
dont see how you cant read it, even if it took you a long time to figure out the notes, find them on the guitar and play em like that, new skill youd have
ALL OF MY CRAP SONGS/IDEAS

Quote by God
LOLjk guise, im not real.

Quote by JDbbx
I don't want to go into detail but it involves my girlfriend, a condom and 10 seconds.

If anyone sigs that I shall be most irritated
Google tells me that Finale Print Music has a feature that can do this and looking at their website it looks like they have a trial period.

Just ignore all the elistist 'Waaaahhh you need to learn sheet music otherwise you'll never amount to anything' guys, if you want to learn how to read it go ahead but you'll probably hardly ever use it unless you plan on joining an orchestra.

Disclaimer: By reading the above post, you agree that El Hilliaro is legally and morally free from any responsiblity should any harm be incurred by said post.

Also, you agree that I'm awesome and own all your stuff now.
Quote by ilovepepsi
dont see how you cant read it, even if it took you a long time to figure out the notes, find them on the guitar and play em like that, new skill youd have

I used to be able to read a bass clef but that was 4 years ago

Purple Alert
ah, i dont even know if i can read it anymore, i havent bothered in a wile (over the summer) i couldnt even be fucked anymore
ALL OF MY CRAP SONGS/IDEAS

Quote by God
LOLjk guise, im not real.

Quote by JDbbx
I don't want to go into detail but it involves my girlfriend, a condom and 10 seconds.

If anyone sigs that I shall be most irritated
HERP DERP. He can't read music, so I'm gonna act superior and not help at all! I'm the sight reading master!
Quote by El Hilliaro
Google tells me that Finale Print Music has a feature that can do this and looking at their website it looks like they have a trial period.

Just ignore all the elistist 'Waaaahhh you need to learn sheet music otherwise you'll never amount to anything' guys, if you want to learn how to read it go ahead but you'll probably hardly ever use it unless you plan on joining an orchestra.

Really?! I learnt how to read music and pretty much rely on it now. Tab is crap. And I'm not in an orchestra, I play hard rock, blues, fingerstyle acoustic stuff. It's not a necessary skill to have but it helps so much more.
Quote by robhc
How about you get off your fanny and learn to read music? Did you ever think of that one?
This.
Only play what you hear. If you don’t hear anything, don’t play anything.
-Chick Corea
Unless you have to sight read it (which I doubt you do based on you're wording) I would say LEARN! It's really not that hard it might take awhile, but even if you have keep repeating those cheesy sayings you'll get there. It's how I learned Paganini's 24 caprice, it just took some time man you'll get it!
"Could everyone please stop sounding like everyone else that's trying to sound like meshuggah?"

-Emil Werstler

Quote by damian_91
Kurt Cobain, the best guitarist to ever live.

How about you use this a epiphany and learn to read notes from a score to play guitar?
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

Quote by GogglesVK
HERP DERP. He can't read music, so I'm gonna act superior and not help at all! I'm the sight reading master!

I can read music, but can't really adapt it to guitar, but then again I'm not in a school band where this is required as a skill like TS.
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..