Depends on what you want to play and what style you like.
There are a TON of guitars for around $200...

EDIT -- I personally like BC Rich, and I still play my Bronze Warlock almost daily.
NEVER go on ebay dude guitarcenter.com or musicians friend.com those are probably the best good quality low price guitars you can find
Quote by SavageArsonist9
NEVER go on ebay dude guitarcenter.com or musicians friend.com those are probably the best good quality low price guitars you can find

+1
if ya can get hold of one tanglewood tse 505's are amazing for the price, iv played a few guitars and i still love my tanglewood
Fender Hot Rod Deville 2x12
Fender Greta + 1x12 Homemade cabinet - For sale PM for details.
Gibson Les Paul Studio 2013 - Goldtop
Washburn Idol WMISTD
Ibanez RG LTD450CB1
Tanglewood TSE505
Zoom G2.1Nu
Dunlop CryBaby Wah
Quote by Yhdeksas
Depends on what you want to play and what style you like.
There are a TON of guitars for around $200...

EDIT -- I personally like BC Rich, and I still play my Bronze Warlock almost daily.

Uhm... Dude, it's common knowledge that low end B.C. Riches are bad. Don't get a B.C. Rich unless its high end.

EDIT: www.rondomusic.com will get you the best beginner guitars for the price, period.
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Last edited by Burgery at Sep 8, 2010,
Quote by SavageArsonist9

agreed.

if you dont know what your looking for in a guitar (how to spot trouble) then stay away from ebay, or craigs list.

I have an affinity strat and its not a bad guitar for blues, rock or jazz, but if you want to play metal then there are far better guitars.
Quote by Alucard817
agreed.

if you dont know what your looking for in a guitar (how to spot trouble) then stay away from ebay, or craigs list.

I have an affinity strat and its not a bad guitar for blues, rock or jazz, but if you want to play metal then there are far better guitars.

i want it for soft rock not metal

my stile of music is like the songs :

demi lovato remember
selena gomes round & round
That guitar is overpriced and used. Go to guitar center and buy it for 119.99 new. These are good mock guitars for blues and other styles too.
It is a Squier not a Fender.
Bhaok

The following statement is true. The proceeding statement is false.
I got the exact same guitar used for $100 dollars even at guitar center. I'm not a big fan of this guitar, but I'm not a fan of strats in general. Browse around on musiciansfriend or guitarcenter.com
get the squier beginner kit.
its a great guitar for beginners
and can play a lot of different genres except heavy heavy metal.
good luck.
Gear

Ibanez RG350DX Electric Guitar With DiMarzio Tone Zone
Academy Electric Guitar
BeaverCreek Acoustic Guitar

Roland Micro Cube Amp
Academy 15W Amp
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey Sanpera Footswitch I
Don't go on ebay, and don't get that guitar. It's not just a Fender, it's a Fender Squier, that means a low end guitar from Fender made for beginners and people with very low budget.
Squiers are not bad for beginners, but that one is from the Affinity Series, and $169 is just too damn much ! I have a Squier Standard Series, it's way better than the affinity series, and I got it for like $90.
And for the love of god, don't get a Starter pack or something, you'll regret it.
Especially the amp, the starter packs amps are just horrible.

Anyway, the Squiers aren't your only choice, there are plenty of good new/used guitars below $200
Quote by bb155558
... file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Rob/My%20Documents/My%20Pictures/Summer%2010/amp%20test%20001.mpg
here is the link
open like another tab or something and copy and paste this into url.