Hello,
Can I plug a microphone into a Electric Guitar Preamp ?
Last edited by goribigon at Sep 8, 2010,
Sure, won't hurt anything. I've got a gorilla gc25 that my wife used to sing through while playing the piano. Didn't sound that great but she didn't care.
Can you? Yes... Would I? Not a chance.
"For we are nothing without brotherhood and brotherhood is nothing without our brothers" -We Came As Romans
It's amazing the advice you get on this site.

Of course you can do it. Most acoustic amps easily double as an amplifier for a microphone. In fact, some acoustic amps are stereo, so you can plug a guitar into one input and a mic into the other. I've never tried it with an electric amp, but it should still work, just may not work all that well. Why? The speakers in acoustic amps have a wider range, while those in electric amps are typically just woofers.

Give it a go. Just watch the feedback.
Quote by KG6_Steven
It's amazing the advice you get on this site.

Of course you can do it. Most acoustic amps easily double as an amplifier for a microphone. In fact, some acoustic amps are stereo, so you can plug a guitar into one input and a mic into the other. I've never tried it with an electric amp, but it should still work, just may not work all that well. Why? The speakers in acoustic amps have a wider range, while those in electric amps are typically just woofers.

Give it a go. Just watch the feedback.

and what about Electric guitar Preamp ?
It depends on what type of mic as well. An SM57 will work provided your preamp has XLR inputs of course but as stated it's likely going to cause crazy feedback. Condenser mics on the other hand most likely will not work (afaik) anyone who knows otherwise please correct me