hey guys, im hoping to start a build soon as the title says im gona build a true bpass looper with a few additions. this will be my first build for guitar, however i already have electronic and soldering knowledge.

http://www.premierguitar.com/Stream/StreamImage.aspx?Mode=News&Image_ID=EA497BE6-C251-4C79-82F9-2BE7CB649C42&Image_Type=image

i hope to use that as the general starting point, add a tuner out that mutes for tuning, and a 2 way amp switch that would allow one amp or the other or both together(i think thats known as an aby?) it will have leds for each section and i hope i can also build a buffer to put at the front? or end? not too sure on that, of the whole chain. i do also have the help of my electronis teacher.

Anyway question is i need to know how to make the tuner mute, and how an aby? could be put in the same strip. and also could someone help me out with the things i wasnt too sure about above

Thanks, lewis

VOX AC15VR
Vintage les paul

Gone digital! NI audio 8 into guitar rig and ableton live!

AWESOME!
thats honestly not how i would wire the loops, but it works. well, except i would suggest not switching ground for your LEDs, it is bad practice. what i would do is use the picture on the left for your tuner, and the picture on the right for your loops. daisy chain as needed. light comes on for the tuner, switch the output and tuner lugs if you want the light to be on when going to the chain.

a/b/y switches are bit more complex. it depends on how you want to do it. do you want a switch for a and a switch for b. or do you want a switch that is a or b, and then a switch for y. both are doable, but you need to decide with you want.

also, buffer goes in the front of your line, or at least it should.
Not meaning to threadjack here but I was actually thinking of building a really small one just to control a couple of things on my rack that are always on. Because it's just controlling two things on my rack I'm not too worried about LEDs. If I didn't go the LED route would I still need 3PDT switches or would DPDT suffice? Also how would I wire that? The only diagrams I've been able to find were for 3DPT switches with LEDs.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Quote by jof1029
thats honestly not how i would wire the loops, but it works. well, except i would suggest not switching ground for your LEDs, it is bad practice. what i would do is use the picture on the left for your tuner, and the picture on the right for your loops. daisy chain as needed. light comes on for the tuner, switch the output and tuner lugs if you want the light to be on when going to the chain.

a/b/y switches are bit more complex. it depends on how you want to do it. do you want a switch for a and a switch for b. or do you want a switch that is a or b, and then a switch for y. both are doable, but you need to decide with you want.

also, buffer goes in the front of your line, or at least it should.

hey thanks il have to look into using those ones, is there a chance you could show me how to link two together, sorry my schematic drawing skills arent great, and im not too sure on how to do it. As for the aby, id like to use the a or b, and then a switch for y if you would mind showing me how to do that

so i need 5 loops, tuner mute, buffer and the aby now im stuck on how to put it all together if someone wouldnt mind helping me

thanks again, lewis

VOX AC15VR
Vintage les paul

AWESOME!
linking the switches is easy, just run the wire from the output of looper one to the input of looper two. so on my diagram, the blue output wire would go to the red input wire of the next switch. of course you only need one wire. for setting it up, my suggestion would be:
buffer->tuner split->loop 1->loop 2 (etc) ->a/b/y switch.

ill try to dig up a simple schem for an a/b/y, i think i have one somewhere.
Quote by jof1029
linking the switches is easy, just run the wire from the output of looper one to the input of looper two. so on my diagram, the blue output wire would go to the red input wire of the next switch. of course you only need one wire. for setting it up, my suggestion would be:
buffer->tuner split->loop 1->loop 2 (etc) ->a/b/y switch.

ill try to dig up a simple schem for an a/b/y, i think i have one somewhere.

allright, thanks, im just confused at the fact that there isnt a second cable for each output/input? or am i missing something

and alright, thatd be great if you can find that schem, thanks for all the help

VOX AC15VR
Vintage les paul

AWESOME!
ah gotcha. all the other wires are ground in the other drawing. so the other connection on the jacks should just go to ground. i typically leave that stuff off since its not shown on schematics as much, more in wiring diagrams.