Page 1 of 2
Scientists say they've carried out the first rigorous analysis of dance moves that make men attractive to women.

The researchers say that movements associated with good dancing may be indicative of good health and reproductive potential.

Their findings are published in the Royal Society journal Biology Letters.

"When you go out to clubs people have an intuitive understanding of what makes a good and bad dancer," said co-author Dr Nick Neave, an evolutionary psychologist at Northumbria University, UK.

"What we've done for the very first time is put those things together with a biometric analysis so we can actually calculate very precisely the kinds of movements people focus on and associate them with women's ratings of male dancers."

Dr Neave asked young men who were not professional dancers, to dance in a laboratory to a very basic drum rhythm and their movements with 12 cameras.

These movements were then converted into a computer-generated cartoon - an avatar - which women rated on a scale of one to seven. He was surprised by the results.

Dr Neave also took blood samples from the volunteers. Early indications from biochemical tests suggest that the men who were better dancers were also more healthy.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-11223473

If dancing was a direct indication of health, what condition would you be in? I'd probably be in a coma. And on fire.

Anyways, what do you think of the findings?
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
I think physically healthy and a healthy sexual appetite are two different things... maybe.

Also, I can dance if I want to, but won't I be leaving my friends (behind) for dead?
I Hardcore dance. Therefore I'm in an unstable mental condition.
Check out my Tumblr
Quote by Victory2134
The world seemed like a better place when I didn't know what racism, genocide, and the internet was.
Quote by CoreysMonster
NinjaSlayHuman is UG's healthiest male, apparently.

That's probably not saying much
This isn't true. I dance all day every day, including when I'm waiting on people at work. And I'm always sick. 'Course, I drink and smoke too much.. And eat terribly.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
What does it say about women? I suck at dancing. Infact, the only real move I can do is the worm..which, well, isnt really considered good these days. Of course, my other signature moves include the robot and the running man. I can do a mean fist pump too.

You see the trend...im not a very good dancer
YELLOWFRIZBEE s FreezerBurn

Stepco's Master
|Colowomble 2016|PSN=yellowfrizbee| + UG Community Radio|
I think having beautiful plumage also plays a part. when a male's tail feathers are splayed and shimmering while he's gyrating amidst a crowd of his peers, a girl finds it hard to resist.

crap, I just realized this is about health. well, yeah, that makes sense. dancing is a taxing activity.
I should really be dead a few times over according to this.

Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does it say about women? I suck at dancing. Infact, the only real move I can do is the worm..which, well, isnt really considered good these days. Of course, my other signature moves include the robot and the running man. I can do a mean fist pump too.

I'm gonna have you arrested...

You stole my moves!
Quote by aaronni
I should really be dead a few times over according to this.

I'm gonna have you arrested...

You stole my moves!

Its ok, we can share the dance moves and spread our terrible mad dancing skills all around the clubs TOGETHER !

Dancing is a TEAM SPORT

Stepco's Master
Quote by MakinLattes
I think having beautiful plumage also plays a part. when a male's tail feathers are splayed and shimmering while he's gyrating amidst a crowd of his peers, a girl finds it hard to resist.

crap, I just realized this is about health. well, yeah, that makes sense. dancing is a taxing activity.

Definitely. Bitches go apeshit for my plumage.
I think we took too many drugs when we were kids,
'cause now we like to make
Weird Music
-Wayne Coyne
I'd be in a situation where I thought I was really healthy but in fact I'm cancer patient.
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

I'm in fantastic shape, but I can't dance for shit.

This study makes no sense. There reason better dancers are more fit is because dancing involves exercise. People who dance a lot get more exercise and are better at it, and are therefore more fit.

It's like saying that people who can run longer distances are in better shape.

No shit, sherlock.
Quote by pielover375
So last year, I put some potatoes in this jar and forgot about them. Today, I found them, and when I opened the jar, there is a puddle at the bottom and it smells like alcohol. If I drink this, do you think I will die, or have I made potato vodka?
^ They didn't use proffessional dancers though and the tests were biochemical
████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
I think I have read somewhere that when women see men who can dance, they're more attracted because it reflects on how they will preform sexually, or men who can dance just are better in the sack. Seems believable to me.
call me Shelby

Lets put it this way, I would be more dead than a guy who just whispered that Chuck Norris sucks
WARUM TUT ES WEH, WENN ICH PINKLE?!
Quote by goest
I'm going to take this opportunity to initiate my campaign to replace the phrase "Taking a shit" with "Busting a grumpy."

Quote by Axelfox
Disregard that,i suck cocks.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
Its ok, we can share the dance moves and spread our terrible mad dancing skills all around the clubs TOGETHER !

Dancing is a TEAM SPORT

Start with the robot, maybe the worm and from there...the bus driver

We'll be the healthiest looking people in da club.
i'd be probably dying but in denial about dying
Gotta keep my eyes from the circling skies...
tounge tied and twisted just an earth bound misfit...

>CRYPTIC METAPHOR<

Quote by ilikepirates
ilikeyou.

not hated
Quote by CoreysMonster
NinjaSlayHuman is UG's healthiest male, apparently.

Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
I like the one where I hump her for the duration of the song.
This is why I don't like arguing on the internet.
Quote by damian_91
If only you could back that statement up.
Quote by Zombee
Wolfgang's Philadelphia Study. Look it up yourself.
Quote by damian_91
No need to, absurd generalizations aren't my thing.
Quote by Kensai
If dancing was a direct indication of health, what condition would you be in? I'd probably be in a coma. And on fire.

Frankly if you managed to post this thread while in a coma and on fire, I would say you're incredibly healthy.
. . ▄████▄ . ▄███▄
. █████████▀ . . . . . . . . . . . . ▄▄
.███▌█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█▐███▄▄
. ████████▄ . . . . . . . . . . . . . º º º º º º º
. . ▀████▀. ▀██▀
Quote by aaronni
Start with the robot, maybe the worm and from there...the bus driver

We'll be the healthiest looking people in da club.

Or at least we will think so....

Ignorance is bliss.

Stepco's Master
Page 1 of 2