Hey all, I have an Egnater renegade 212 combo, and I seem to be having a problem with the loop. I have a carbon copy delay that I tried in the loop and it sounded like crap. Sounded very muffled and tinny. Thought the pedal was just crap. But I put it in front of the amp, and it sounded really good. I was reading in the manual about certain pedals being somewhat incompatible with the loop, so I thought maybe that was it.

Fast forward about 6 months, and I decided to buy a rack effects processor. I settled on the TC Electronics G Major 2. It came in today, and I excitedly plugged it in, activated the loop, and it has that same exact sound the carbon copy had through the loop. it sounds like I covered the amp in 4 blankets and put it in the closet, only very thin and echoey. As soon as I turn the loop off, the amp roars back to life and sounds like it's old self.

I've tried adjusting the input / output levels, I've used every combination of cables I own, I even put the G major in front of the amp (which sounds terrible, BTW). I'm about to email Egnater support, but I thought I'd post here too in case someone had a similar problem.

Anyone have any ideas? I love the renegade, but having a finicky FX loop is a deal breaker for me at this point.
Quote by tubetime86
He's obviously pretty young, and I'd guess he's being raised by wolves, or at least humans with the intellectual capacity and compassion of wolves.

You finally made it home, draped in the flag that you fell for.
And so it goes
minor update....

Tech support asked me to plug the guitar directly into the loop return, which I did, and it sounded pretty normal. The emailed me again this morning and want me to jumper the send to return directly and see if it still sounds muffled. I'm at work now and can't check on some of this stuff, but anyone know what the culprit may be if the problem returns with the send going straight into return when the return alone sounded normal?
Quote by tubetime86
He's obviously pretty young, and I'd guess he's being raised by wolves, or at least humans with the intellectual capacity and compassion of wolves.

And so it goes
Well I got it sorted out. I jumped the send straight to return, and it sounded normal. That got me thinking there was nothing wrong with my loop, so I started looking into the effects unit. After searching for a good while I found a forum thread from someone who had a similar issue. The reccomendation was to change the global output level, which is buried in menus (I just got this thing, so I'm quite unfamiliar with the menu setup). Changed the setting from pro to consumer, and it works like a champ now. I just want to know how the hell the effects unit knows I'm an amateur. I'm assuming the setting has something to do with pro studio gear operating off of different line levels from amps?

Anyway, something to keep in the back of your mind if you ever want to add a rack effect unit to a renegade. It may save you a lot of hair pulling and frustrated emails to tech support.
Quote by tubetime86

And so it goes
IIRC the manual for that amp tells you how to setup the equipment in your loop. One of the most important steps is to set the output level of your G-Major to create unity gain with the loop bypassed. And you test that by pulling the return jack to compare against the loop bypassed. You want the level to be about the same with the jack in or out.