So im lookin at gettin a 7 string guitar and the guitar shop a few hours away can order one for me... the choices in my pricerange are the schecter demon or the schecter damien... ive been lookin at reviews n shit n so far they seem pretty similar... im just wonderin which would be a better purchase for me and how so?
The Demon is the outdated version of the Damien, basically. So do you want a newer model or an older model. Also are there other differences? I would imagine that a Demon would cost quite a bit less than a newer Damien.

Are you buying them both used?
no the guy at the guitar shop was gonna order them new from schecter... and as far as newness goes i dont really care... im just wonderin witch one was a better guitar... but if thier the same i might as well go with the cheaper one... wat are the other differences between those 2?
Quote by r0ckth3d34n
The Demon is the outdated version of the Damien, basically. So do you want a newer model or an older model. Also are there other differences? I would imagine that a Demon would cost quite a bit less than a newer Damien.

Are you buying them both used?

I don't agree with this comment. The Demon is newer than the Damien line I believe. Either way both models are still being produced in 2010.

In actuality both are EXTREMELY similar. The main difference is that Damien has better (Grover) tuners and has EMG (passives) pickups. Demon has lower quality ESP tuners and has Duncan Designed Active pickups.

I haven't tried either pickups so I can't say which one is 'better.' Although I would say that the Damien has better tuners. Otherwise both guitars are very similar and most retailers sell them for roughly the same price from sites I've seen.

If I was in your position i'd probably go for the Damien.