As you have probably noticed I made a thread about a new tube combo amp i'm getting.

It's gonna be small and simple, most likely ran direct. I'm clueless as to what the correct chain order should be, all I know is that I want my wah at the end for a honkier sound. Here is my pedal list:

Morley Bad Horsie 2
Line 6 Verbzilla
Ibanez AD-9
Boss ME-50

I'm gonna try to get a ts9 soon as well so you could consider that in the order for fun.
Verbzilla is going to be in the loop if you have it. Same with the AD-9 though you'll want to try it out in front of the amp at first. I'm not sure on multi-effects. I would run the TS and the Wah out in front.
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
Quote by Funk Monk
What if I don't have a loop at all?

A lot of people run delays out in front, I am thinking about it doing it myself.

Reverb is a different scenario, from what I've heard it seems more mandatory but I would just experiment with it.
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
Quote by acdclandon
A lot of people run delays out in front, I am thinking about it doing it myself.

Reverb is a different scenario, from what I've heard it seems more mandatory but I would just experiment with it.

What general difference in sound are you gonna find with the delay loop vs. in front.

Thanks for that advice.
Quote by Funk Monk
What general difference in sound are you gonna find with the delay loop vs. in front.

Thanks for that advice.

Delays sound better(in my opinion, and a lot of others opinions) better after distortion.
Pre-amps distort the sound. so, that is like another distortion. The effects loop sends it from the pre-amp to your pedals, and into the power-amp.
Something like that anyways.
..I was watching my death.
Quote by Funk Monk

Thanks for that advice.

Mainly when using an overdriven amp, or when there is a lot of gain coming through pre amp (distortion channel). The delay will be smooth and natural there, where as out in front of the amp it sounds overly distorted and louder than your normal sound.
Quote by progbass

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
Quote by VishNuRoXoUt
Wah>ME50>AD9>Verbzilla.

I've hear that putting the wah first makes it sound much more transparent and not as much presence.
Quote by Way Cool JR.
When you have Delay, Reverb, Chorus things like that in front of the amp to me it just turns into a muddy mess before any OD/Distortion that is on your amp. If you are running all your distortion from pedals on a clean channel Delays and such will sound great. It is when they are before any distortion that they become a mess. So if you want to use a tube amps natural drive and even run an OD pedal like a Tube Screamer for it to sound good you really need to run your Delays and such in the loop. It does make a big difference I will not run any modulation in the front of my tube amp except like octavers and pitch shifters. They seem to work best up front.

Ahh cool, thanks for the advice.