Ok I'm stuck I have a friends dime-o-flage and I'm trying to set the intonation but it's not working. This has a tune-o-matic bridge like this.

I'm turning the screws but nothing is happing with the intonation.
Any ideas of what I'm doing wrong? or any tips?

I don't want to hear your opinions on how much deans suck, because i dont care.
See those screws on the back of the bridge? Tighten or loosen them to adjust individuals string's intonation.
Just throwin it out there, you might be turning the 2 big screws, instead of the 6 little ones. Is that the case?
-LTD Alexi 600
-LTD MH-100 QM
-Schecter Omen 6
-B-52 AT-112
Quote by My Father
So is this guitar Mexican made or human made? Wait, shit, that was really racist wasn't it?

My shitty covers: http://www.youtube.com/simpleben09
i am using the screws to move the "blades" and no im not turning the big screws, im setting intonation not setting string hight.

just to be sure.
to set intonation you fret the 12th fret and then play the harmonic.
or do you play the open note, then fret the 12th.
Quote by Alucard817
i am using the screws to move the "blades" and no im not turning the big screws, im setting intonation not setting string hight.

just to be sure.
to set intonation you fret the 12th fret and then play the harmonic.
or do you play the open note, then fret the 12th.

I was pretty sure you weren't doing that, but I was just making sure haha.
And as per the question, it doesn't matter. At least, I think
-LTD Alexi 600
-LTD MH-100 QM
-Schecter Omen 6
-B-52 AT-112
Quote by My Father
So is this guitar Mexican made or human made? Wait, shit, that was really racist wasn't it?

My shitty covers: http://www.youtube.com/simpleben09
I always thought that to set intonation, you play the open note and then fret the 12th. It's properly intonated when both notes are in tune. I'm not sure about the other method though.
2008 Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster
2010 Fender Classic Players Jazzmaster
2010 Fender Blacktop Jazzmaster
Peavey 80w Bandit
^ I also never understood why you would use the harmonic. It doesn't make much sense, when you normally play the 12th fret a hell of a lot more than the harmonic.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
you use the harmonic on the 12th fret, as well as the harmonic of the 7thy fret of the next string up. ie on the low E string, use the 12th fret harmonic and the 7th fret harmonic of the A string and so on. this is how you set your harmonics. there are videos on youtube for this, you know
oh, sorry, if you turn the screw to tune the intonation, and nothing is happening, then maybe, the string is binding on the tip of the saddle or the saddle screwhole is stripped out
Quote by charles_ebarb
oh, sorry, if you turn the screw to tune the intonation, and nothing is happening, then maybe, the string is binding on the tip of the saddle or the saddle screwhole is stripped out

I am loosening the strings before i turn the screws so the blade moves freely. i have checked the bridge and nothing is stripped.
i guess i will check youboob for intonation videos.
this isnt a bad guitar but when intonation is out it just drives me nuts.