Finally I can post this! It's a little under a month in the making actually, and I'm just now able to post because I just now got it. This thing makes life so much better, I honestly don't know how I lived without it before. Looking back at what I used to use... it just doesn't compare. I got a...

NEW AIR CONDITIONER! This thing whirs like a Ford Model T and it just puts out incredible ton-

Wait, what? No, wrong thread. I meant NACD as in New Amp/Cab Day!

I now own a Mesa Mark IV (actually bought like three weeks ago or so), and a Mesa Rectifier Slant Cab (bought two days ago!)

Now then, allow me to preface my review with this: This thing is in my basement. My parent's room is two floors above in the opposite corner of the house as the amp. My parent's room was shaking when I was playing lead with the master volume on THREE . And this was on TWEED power.

Anyway, the amp and cab are amazing. First off, the amp:

Mesa Mark IV:

I'm not gonna post the specs because I can't find them. It's got two clean (rhythm 1 and 2) and one distortion (lead) channels. Rhythm 1 is brighter and crisper than Rhythm 2, but Rhythm 2 has warmer, deeper tones. Both sound simply extravagant. I use Rhythm 1 most of the time out of preference, but they're both amazing sounding. The highs soar far beyond anything I've ever heard out of any other head that I've played, and the lows are deep and very whole-sounding (if that makes any sense, lol.) You can dial in the treble, mids and bass for each channel, but there's also a five band EQ that applies to all the channels if you set it to be that way. This also gives you a marvelously constructed tone. I haven't worked with slightly overdriven tones QUITE yet given that I've only had the cab a few days, but I'm absolutely positive that once you dial in the right settings you'll be able to pull out all the stops with your favorite Stevie Ray Vaughan song or what have you.

The distortion is, well, loud . Again, see the first comment. I normally play in Drop C and D Standard, and the Mark IV sounds heavy as HELL. I also have to mention the versatility of this amp: If I want (and I do), I can set up a guitar to B standard (or something like that) and do some CHUGGA-CHUGGA tones a la The Acacia Strain, and it won't sound muddy at all. On the opposite end, I can do something fast and aggressive like Symphony X or Metallica and it will make your pelvic area spontaneously produce a white fluid that will perforate into your jeans (read: jizz in my pants.) Basically, this amp can handle all ranges of tunings and they'll all come out sounding exactly the way you want them to: epic.

I can only give a somewhat brief review of the cab, since I basically just told you how it sounds with my amp. I've compared it to Marshall Cabs and Raven Cabs (both various models), and the Mesa just sounds better and clearer on all accounts. You can split the speakers for stereo or you can, well, not. It's heavy too, did I mention that?

Anyway, yeah. I love my tone, and for a damn good reason. Cheers!
7 STRING LEGION

Damned Icon - Invictus

Quote by SYLrules88
im not very good with that harmonic thing. i get them to match perfectly then i play a chord and it sounds like hellen keller singing

Music Man
PRS
Mesa Boogie
SECKS MAN, SECKS!

HNACD
Quote by SG_dave at #33549256
I've never wanted to see a guy eat dick so much in my life.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7 at #33553650
If you are white, you are scum.
id love me a torero......
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by InanezGuitars44
id love me a torero......

It's a stellar guitar, which is why I got it . Also, I think the quote in your sig applies to my amp too .
7 STRING LEGION

Damned Icon - Invictus

Quote by SYLrules88
im not very good with that harmonic thing. i get them to match perfectly then i play a chord and it sounds like hellen keller singing

Music Man
PRS
Mesa Boogie
i played a torero with a bad attitude going in because i was like blahblahblah this is overpriced blahblah but it was one of the best playing guitars ive ever held
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣