Hey guys. i jst got my HP laptop fixed as the graphics card got fried from excess heat. anyway, they put in something called MobileIntel 965 Express Chipset family, where as before it ran on Nvidia gforce 8800 (i think.) After the repair, the games that use to work crash, and i think the pc is slower. Since i dont know anything about computers does the change in graphics card make a difference?
thx for your help
Possibly. Are the driver's up to date?

EDIT: and GeForce 8800(GTS/GTX)s are pretty powerful btw.
This is why I don't like arguing on the internet.
Quote by damian_91
If only you could back that statement up.
Quote by Zombee
Wolfgang's Philadelphia Study. Look it up yourself.
Quote by damian_91
No need to, absurd generalizations aren't my thing.
It looks like it's just running on the intergrated GPU right now which is built into the motherboard, instead of the dedicated card you had before. Integrated graphics aren't really good at anything except for simply displaying things that aren't games.
I'm not familiar with the type of graphics card but I suspect it's a good deal slower than the Gforce card.

That'd be the problem. Most laptop graphics chipsets aren't meant for 'real' gaming.

edit - update the drivers as well.
Last edited by Mr I at Sep 8, 2010,
you got ripped off man

*if the repair was done by HP, that is
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Quote by abc112
Hey guys. i jst got my HP laptop fixed as the graphics card got fried from excess heat. anyway, they put in something called MobileIntel 965 Express Chipset family, where as before it ran on Nvidia gforce 8800 (i think.) After the repair, the games that use to work crash, and i think the pc is slower. Since i dont know anything about computers does the change in graphics card make a difference?
thx for your help

I don't think they put anything in your pc, rather they took something out. They removed the blown GeForce card, which made the motherboard revert back to the onboard graphics, the Intel stuff you see in display properties. If you want to be able to play your games again, you'll need to install a new graphics card. I just installed a GeForce 8400, a cheapo, to run The Witcher. The game works ok, but is a bit skippy framerate wise but at least it runs now and I can play it. Before I got the card I couldn't do anything with the game because it didn't recognize my onboard Intel graphics as a valid gaming card.
nah it wasnt done by HP, there isn t a service station where i live..
Graphics boards can definitely effect performance. A high-end board can work miracles and really pump out some graphics, but as the others have mentioned, that integrated video card isn't much good for anything other than word processing and spreadsheets.
Id stick in a graphics card if it wasnt a laptop... now im pissd.
Graphics card is hugely important. Yup, you got screwed, my friend.
WILDCARD, BITCHES!!

Call me Patrick! My username sucks anyway
that's some bullturkey.
hide your kids, hide your wife.

Quote by angus_young_32
I'd rather kill myself than commit suicide.

UG Hatecrew FTW
Games run on pretty much only nVidia or ATI Radeon cards. They gave you a basic integrated chipset that can't run games. I'd ask the people who "repaired" it to replace your GeForce for you, they ripped you off.
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.