Hi i've been playing for about 4 months now..

What should I have learned already?

I just want to see if im on the right track.

Thanks
Tell me what you've already learned so far first.
Gear for the moment:
Epiphone Goth Explorer (w/stock pickups)
Peavey Vypyr 15 watt Amp
Boss PW-10 V-Wah Pedal
Well im self taught. So Far I got:

D, G, A, C, E and Minor Chords..Changes aren't really fast...For example..I want to play Highway to hell..but my change from D to G isn't fast enough

I got the F chord(barre) down. but my changing isn't that fast

Minor Pentatonic Scale-I set my metronome at 220bpm and im able to play it through with making a mistake...i alternate pick..I can't improvise yet..which i really want to do..cuz i want to be a lead.

Power Chords- But just messing around cuz it sounds good..lol..I can play Seven Nation Army with solo...I only play power chords with 2 notes..not the traditional 3 notes power chords.

Introduction to Barre Chords..But again my changes aren't that fast.

I just started to teach myself all the notes on the fret board..well at least from 1-12...So far I memorized The first 2 strings E and A...Im doing 1 string every couple of days...so it can burn into my brain..hahaha

So far in 4 months this is what I have down.
Sounds fine dude, just keep messing around and practicing the stuff you like. You're on the right track
Sounds like you're doing pretty good. But, I mean, I'm a very casual learner/player so it took me a while to learn all that you learned, so maybe my opinion is a bit skewed. Just remember to have fun while you're picking away at these skills, cuz I'm sure you know they can be pretty damn tedious and daunting.
A minor pentatonic scale at 220 bpm?

Before I say that's really impressive, are you playing several notes per click, or one note per click?
Gear for the moment:
Epiphone Goth Explorer (w/stock pickups)
Peavey Vypyr 15 watt Amp
Boss PW-10 V-Wah Pedal
Stupid thread. You will know how to do whatever you've practiced. You'll be as good as how ever many hours you've put in to it with perfect practice. We cannot judge you on this stuff.
Quote by Shredderman8160
A minor pentatonic scale at 220 bpm?

Before I say that's really impressive, are you playing several notes per click, or one note per click?

Regardelss it's not impressive - it's pointless.

TS, don't worry about chasing speed with scales, it's not a particularly effective use of your time. If you can play through a scale pattern but can't play a solo then the fact you can play that scale at 220bpm is meaningless. The only thing that matters with practicing is whether or not it's making you better at playing the guitar...you don't practice for the sake of getting better at practicing.

If you're still struggling with basic chord changes then that's what you need to be working on.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
yeah work on your chord changes first. It's much more important to be able to change cleanly and fluently between chords than to play scales at 220. Although learning your scales is very important if you want to go on and play lead and will get your fingers moving. Don't get so caught up in what you feel like you 'should ' be doing, play what you want to play. There's too many people on here that get wrapped in thinking I should be doing this by now because i've been playing 6 months. Etc. I used to be exactly the same. Now I just play exactly what I want to play and that has made me a better guitarist because I want to pick up my guitar more. You will find your sound. Good luck and work on your chords. Helen.
I agree, you really need to work on the chords. Get learning some acoustic songs, anything popular pretty much, definitely a few songs with some barre chords in them, preferably all types (except C and D types for now, they're not very common)

Some good ones to learn.
Wild Thing - The Troggs
Knocking on heavens door - Bob Dylan
Everybody hurts- REM

all very easy, no barre chords if i remember rightly either
As said above learn some songs with simple chord changes and concentrate on getting it in time. If you're struggling with a certain change, find a song with that chord in it and practice or do the changes to a metronome. You will speed up naturally as your fingers and brain develop, so don't worry about speed, instead worry about timing.

I would recommend practicing barre chords mainly the E shape, (like your F chord) and the A shape (like a B chord), learning both minors and 7th variations as well. Learning these barre chord shapes will also help you memorise the E and A strings as a little bonus.

If funds aren't too tight, you should really consider taking lessons as it helps you to learn the basics very well, and also give you some motivation to work towards your next lesson. If you get the basics nailed, you'll be set up for the rest of your guitar playing life.

Make sure your technique is good. If you make a mistake, stop and try and work out why that chord isn't ringing clean. Adjust your fingers till it does then continue. Things like that can make a lot of difference. Speed isn't worth anything if your technique is poor and it sounds crap. Start slow, and speed will come with time and experience.

At the end of the day, it sounds like you're doing great so keep it up!

Also, make sure your practice regime is FUN. It's much better if you're enjoying what you're doing.

Good luck, and enjoy yourself!
if you have only been playing for 4 months then (as suggested) keep working on chord changes and barre chords but dont over do it, if your fingers start to hurt then leave it alone for a while, by the time i had been playing four months i was fairly proficient with a few songs that were based around open chords and power chords (about a girl, nirvana is a good one, steady beat and easy changes)

good luck, have fun and keep at it