Just some background information. I'm 20-years-old and can't really grow much facial hair (some fuzz and shit, but I couldn't have a full on beard or mustache). I'm Mexican, though, and many mexican people, such as my friends, my dad, etc. tend to be late-bloomers, so to speak, when it comes to growing facial hair. My dad couldn't grow a mustache until his mid to late twenties, for example.

Anyways, my ability to grow facial hair hasn't changed much in the past 4 years until this year. I'm noticing I'm slowly gaining more facial hair, it's getting a bit more thick, etc. I still can't get a beard, mustache, or anything but on to the topic:

The facial hair on the right side of my face, particularly the sideburns/cheek area, is much more thick and developed than the left side of my face. I could actually grow a decent sideburn on my right side of my face, not really on the left side. It's noticeable if you look, and I'm just wondering if this is normal to go through right now?
Quote by The Madcap
The facial hair on the right side of my face, particularly the sideburns/cheek area, is much more thick and developed than the left side of my face. I could actually grow a decent sideburn on my right side of my face, not really on the left side. It's noticeable if you look, and I'm just wondering if this is normal to go through right now?

My native friends have this issue as well, so you aren't the only one.
TO ALL MY KILLERS AND MY HUNDRED DOLLAR BILLERS...
...TO EMO KIDS THAT GOT TOO MANY FEELINGS
I personally was a hairy beast at as early as 16, just random or hereditary man.
hide your kids, hide your wife.

Quote by angus_young_32
I'd rather kill myself than commit suicide.

UG Hatecrew FTW
It means you have more Indian than Spanish in you, brah. My family has the same problem.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
I don't even think it's a racial thing. I'm white and I have the same problem. Some people are just hairier than others.
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
Sorry to post, as I'm a girl, but most of the Mexicans that I see, I'm 100% Mexican too, usually have facial hair by the time they get to middle school. It's genetics though, many guys are late bloomers when it comes to facial hair.
STಠ_ಠ
I've been getting steadily thicker facial hair for the past few years but over the last month or two it's gotten a LOT thicker. Facial hair is weird shit yo

Also most of the Mexican kids I know seem have a mustache by the time they're ****ing 13
Proud follower of Åkerfeldtism

P S T F I N D E R

Quote by FFTLxx
Uhh there was this guy who didn't get any of the questions in some exam so he put 2 pencils in his nose and headbutted the desk.. and died.. that's pretty stupid.

Looking at the men in my family, it seems you can be blessed with a full head of hair OR a full beard, but not both. Since my hair is incredibly thick, and I can barely grow facial hair, it looks like I'm the former (which I'm not complaining about: if I have to have one or the other, I'd much rather hair on my head than a sweet beard).

Anyway, I seem to be exactly the same as you, except for the Mexican part. We're about the same age, and we both can grow much more hair on the right side of our face. I'm not sure if this will ever even out, or if we're just stuck this way.

DON'T MAKE ME DESTROY YOU!

TURN OFF YOUR MIND RELAX AND FLOAT DOWNSTREAM

Quote by Scumbag1792
My God, this must be the smartest/greatest guy ever.
Last edited by -xCaMRocKx- at Sep 9, 2010,
Some Mexicans get it really early, some are definitely late-bloomers. Most of my family have been late-bloomers. So is one of my friend's family who are literally from Mexico.

I suppose the native thing makes sense. There's no native American history in the most recent 3 or 4 generations of my family, but who knows, I could have a ton of it beyond that.
Quote by -xCaMRocKx-
Looking at the men in my family, it seems you can be blessed with a full head of hair OR a full beard, but not both. Since my hair is incredibly thick, and I can barely grow facial hair, it looks like I'm the former (which I'm not complaining about: if I have to have one or the other, I'd much rather hair on my head than a sweet beard).

Anyway, I seem to be exactly the same as you, except for the Mexican part. We're about the same age, and we both can grow much more hair on the right side of our face. I'm not sure if this will ever even out, or if we're just stuck this way.
Same here. I hope to god we're not stuck this way.
i have thicker/more facial hair on the left. and i am white. so i think its just random. also - it has been getting better. everytime i shave it evens out a tiny bit more
Quote by jimRH7
my cat used to have a penchant for rubber bands, if that counts.

edit: totally doesn't count.

Quote by JacobTheMe
It looks like you are an asshole.

Sorry, kid.

Quote by red157
So, basically faster. And not so Jamaican-like.
just shave. hair grows bck quicker and bushier.
Quote by element4433
One time I watched a dog lick his own dick for twenty minutes.

Quote by Roc8995
No.

Well, technically it could be done, but only in the same way that you could change a cat into a hamburger. It's an unpleasant process, and nobody is happy with the result.
Nope, you're the only person with that problem. You're all alone in the universe.
This is why I don't like arguing on the internet.
Quote by damian_91
If only you could back that statement up.
Quote by Zombee
Wolfgang's Philadelphia Study. Look it up yourself.
Quote by damian_91
No need to, absurd generalizations aren't my thing.
I'm 19 and can have a full beard in a week, but neither my brothers, one a twin the other 3 years older, can do the same. It's just luck of the draw I guess...

To answer your question, I'm pretty sure it's just known to be as "patchy". your hair'll eventually even itself out, I went through a bit of it myself. Just keep shaving and keep things looking even if you'd like.
hey, at least you don't have ONLY a few strands on each side of your face growing. i have to shave almost every day because of this, and it sucks.
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
it's fine, dude. human bodies are the oddest things, and each one is different. your face will burst with magnificent foliage soon enough.
im 18and half mexican, but i've had a full mustache for forever. Now my beard, its all spotty, sucks since i want it to match my mustache.
i am middle eastern, we usually have full beards at 15-16
as someone said its genetics, some people barely grow any facial hair,
il sara7a il sara7a, i made you a goat but i eated it

we are not racist, we hate everyone equally