Help Me!

Hey Everyone,
Ive been looking for a new electric guitar but i cant afford anything over $800.
My previous electric was a JS1 Dinky, but when i bought it i wasnt really thinking because it doesn't suit my style of music at all. So im looking for a reasonably priced guitar that is good for playing all types of music but mainly Indie and Alternative Rock.

So if you have any suggestions please post them here.
Cheers.
Brocco.
I agree with Rajandmaria, Fender is the probably the way to go. Jaguar, Cyclone or Mustang would be good.
However a Fernandes Vertigo could be cool too
You can probably snag a used American strat for that much on Ebay or CL.I'd say going used would be your best bet since it gets you the most for your money.

Also,to the guy above,TS is looking or suggestions for what fits his style from other players.Saying "Go to a store and try stuff" isn't nearly as helpful as you seem to think it is.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

^ A lot more helpful than if someone suggests a guitar, he buys it and hates it.

The ONLY way to check out what's for you when it comes to gear is to play, see and hear it in real life. Anyone that says otherwise is full of it.

For instance, JS1's have very thin necks, and yet you're suggesting he looks at a Strat. LOL.
Last edited by GilbertsPinky at Sep 9, 2010,
Quote by GilbertsPinky
^ A lot more helpful than if someone suggests a guitar, he buys it and hates it.

The ONLY way to check out what's for you when it comes to gear is to play, see and hear it in real life. Anyone that says otherwise is full of it.

Nobody here is telling him to buy the guitar that we would in his situation,we're listing guitars that we think would fit his preference based on the genres he listed so he can make a reasonably informed decision and know what to look for if and when he goes out to test gear.That's actually the entire purpose of these "What guitar?" threads yah know? If everyone just stated the obvious and said "Try whatever and if you like it buy it" then it would pretty much defeat most of the purpose of the EG forums.

Another point is the fact that not everyone lives within a reasonable distance of a music store,and even if they do,it might not stock the models they want to test,so trying before you buy isn't always an option.

Edit: If you actually read the post you'd see that he says he doesn't like the Jackson because it doesn't fit his style,and he never actually says anything about wanting a thin neck .

Besides,the modern "C" strat profile on my AM Deluxe doesn't feel that much thicker than the neck on my Jackson DK series.The main differences between the necks is the radius and the shape,not the thickness.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

Last edited by Pr0gNut at Sep 9, 2010,